Page 150 of 208 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Get in there Davy Boy!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Ok, lets get this thread back on track!

I have changed the time of day that I walk the dogs to around 3:45. Walking through the woods it became apparent I was in a target rich environment! A maggie and a woody fell to my little catty's charms. Magpies in particular fly at the first hint of you with a rifle, but sauntering along with the catapult didn't bother them one bit. Both shots taken from virtually underneath at around 8 yards.

Well happy!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Get in there Davy Boy!
    Technically from what I've witnessed so far Paul or Nick should be the proud owner of metal detector by xmas

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

I have changed the time of day that I walk the dogs to around 3:45. Walking through the woods it became apparent I was in a target rich environment! A maggie and a woody fell to my little catty's charms. Magpies in particular fly at the first hint of you with a rifle, but sauntering along with the catapult didn't bother them one bit. Both shots taken from virtually underneath at around 8 yards.

Well happy!
    Bloody hell, good shooting young man!!!!

Well happy!
    Nice one, Nick. I bet you're well chuffed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Technically from what I've witnessed so far Paul or Nick should be the proud owner of metal detector by xmas
    I think you could well be correct there, Mike.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I'm skint after the daughters wedding, Xmas next week then tax bill in January. But Jamie has kindly said he will help me find a decent one when the time comes
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

I'm skint after the daughters wedding, Xmas next week then tax bill in January. But Jamie has kindly said he will help me find a decent one when the time comes
    Don't mention the dreaded tax bill. The accountants just done my tax return. January is definitely a skint time for sure

That's because your both earning to much if your paying Jan and July, do what I did and buy a new van, was two tax bills a year, now no tax for three years, maybe four if I push this semi retirement a bit more.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Well happy!
    Well done for getting so close to the Maggie Nick !
    Woodies can be easier but not the black n whites !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    That's because your both earning to much if your paying Jan and July, do what I did and buy a new van, was two tax bills a year, now no tax for three years, maybe four if I push this semi retirement a bit more.
    I'm only paying Jan luckily enough. Because my van is old and paid for I don't claim diesel, insurance, tax etc against my tax. I claim my mileage instead. Last years mileage was 10,000 at 45p per mile and another 7,000 at 25p per mile as I wasn't working locally. It adds up to a nice amount to offset and basically the mileage saved me from a larger tax bill. Also I have my other half employed so get her allowance too. She does some small gardening jobs through the year through my business so works quite well around getting the kiddy to school etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I'm only paying Jan luckily enough. Because my van is old and paid for I don't claim diesel, insurance, tax etc against my tax. I claim my mileage instead. Last years mileage was 10,000 at 45p per mile and another 7,000 at 25p per mile as I wasn't working locally. It adds up to a nice amount to offset and basically the mileage saved me from a larger tax bill. Also I have my other half employed so get her allowance too. She does some small gardening jobs through the year through my business so works quite well around getting the kiddy to school etc.
    Yes that works nicely, Mel did a LOT of admin and moleing for be back in the early years.
    Now her own business is doing so well she too charges the business on miles as you do.
    Me, I just like shiny vans

One for Tony here probably!
    One of today's several odd events saw me as the new owner of a stupidly cheap fwb127 I honestly thought I would turn up to find at best a bramble basher, at worst parts, but no she's a 1979/80 sweetie but!!! I've had set triggers on my steyr centre fires that a gnat fart could release, but this, well it's totally bonkers! I have no intention of messing with until looked into, is it straight forward adjustment?

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Carl's on!

Oh yes inbloodydeedy!

Y'know, of Carleyland monster Roland fame!

See thread on Crosman 2250 questions.

Surprised he just didn't ring the hotline, though!
    Maybe the rat has hacked his account
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    One for Tony here probably!
    One of today's several odd events saw me as the new owner of a stupidly cheap fwb127 I honestly thought I would turn up to find at best a bramble basher, at worst parts, but no she's a 1979/80 sweetie but!!! I've had set triggers on my steyr centre fires that a gnat fart could release, but this, well it's totally bonkers! I have no intention of messing with until looked into, is it straight forward adjustment?
    Nice one, Jamie, and another classic keeper.

Unless some numpty has made some irreversible "improvements", adjustment will be easy. I can't remember now, as it's so long since I had one. Mine went in the mid-eighties. It was my go-to hunting rifle for quite some time, but didn't really get a look in once I got my first '80.

Maybe have a quick on-line search. Or, JB's the man on these, or our lovely Les. Either will be able to better advise.

1979/80, so maybe a Mark II?