Thread: scope for my hw95k ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dave, so you still have the Sabre 2-7x32AO that you bought from Nick, Oldskoolz?

If so, will you be bringing it to The Bash?

Wouldn't mind comparing it to the Air King to see if they're the same.

P.S. Nikko Panamax 3-9x40AO (I think) now available for about £90 if you shop about. I'd love one of these one day.

Gold Crown Air King 3-9x42AO; just spotted, less than £80 at Wighill Park Guns.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Dave, so you still have the Sabre 2-7x32AO that you bought from Nick, Oldskoolz?

If so, will you be bringing it to The Bash?

Wouldn't mind comparing it to the Air King to see if they're the same.
    Yes mate, I will bring it.

Cheers, Dave.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Hi Rob...

Scope - If you're going to be plinking and hunting, I'd recommend a Simmons 8-Point 1.5-5x32 and Sportsmatch LTO31C mounts, (both from JSR). I have two of them, excellent optics for the money.

Pellets - Weihrauchs in either calibre generally like JSB pellets, (I prefer the RS and Express). H&N FTT are also worth a go...

Will agree with the 'Simmons' 1.5-5x32/8-point...

As for the 'Air King' from personal experience I'd give it a wide berth if I were you, bloody terrible scope in my opinion, reticle like a telegraph pole, the p.o.i moved when you altered both the 'AO' and the 'magnification' rings and mine used to buzz it's nuts off every time I shot the rifle which I put down to the 'adjustable objective spring' and the only way I could stop it was to wind the the parallax setting up which kinda defeats the object really, it finally bit the dust whilst aboard my '95k' and to be honest I was none to bothered !...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    My 95 mounts a NS Panamax 3-9x40AO and uses AA D F pellets
    Well happy with it !
    I like the modern "up to date" styling on these scopes and for the money, the qualities there as is the wide angle viewing and half mil-dot reticle.
    It appears to be happy on a springer also as I had it for well over a year now.

I'd buy another !
    “An airgun or two”………

I'll second either of the above Simmons or Panamax as I have both. The Panamax was on my 99s until very recently but is going onto my 95k as it makes the 99 seem overscoped.

Have a look here;

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....x-3-9x40-AO-IR