Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Identify this scope please?

Smile 25 year old leupold..

hi tom, what model, power, fine duplex, gloss etc ???? thankyou.. J.S.D.

Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14X40 AO fine duplex. Leupold Matt black, with Apel mounts on an Anschutz 1710 super grade woodwork. Absolute beauty and tack driver shooting Eley. Really can do a .22 sized group hole at 25m, have to aim off to get the group to grow. The fine duplex is Swaro fine, so very fine, almost too fine for the field.
    The last time I did a full zero was over ten years ago, and it still shoots to the same spot every time taken out. Between subsonic and high velocity there is only a vertical difference of a few mm's.

Since my .17HMR Annie it doesn't see as much action. The .17HMR has a Zeiss H5 similar configuration, just annoying its parallax starts at 50m, but then it has low target locking turrets so I can shoot the .17HMR on a still day to its max potenial. The Plex is a little faster too.

Not sure if Leupold does quite the same bar in name. All optics have moved on; not always superior to what went before though usually so. Its all in the glass and who has put in new machinery. Design matters too, and not everyone gets it right. Some scopes at the highest magnification are struggling for there is only so much lenses can do. Take each scope on its individual merit.
    Last edited by Muskett; 12-07-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Smile 25 year old leupold..

hi tom, many thanx for the description of your leupold.. Jimmy..

I had a wee look at the scope today. Pretty nice, absolutely tiny!! I found the eye relief pretty short. Where it was sitting on the mk3 i could barely even see the crosshairs!! Up close it looks very clear. Overall condition is good. The rifle and scope will be mine very soon!
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    I had a wee look at the scope today. Pretty nice, absolutely tiny!! I found the eye relief pretty short. Where it was sitting on the mk3 i could barely even see the crosshairs!! Up close it looks very clear. Overall condition is good. The rifle and scope will be mine very soon!
    You keep the rifle and I will give you £30 for the scope
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    That was a good find, I wish I had luck like that
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177