Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TX200HC vs HW97k Head-to-Head

This is a most interesting review.

I'm a left handed shooter and have both an HW97K and an Air Arms TX200HC both in .177 and I too, made a comparison test as un-biased as possible. I found the HW97K topped it for cocking and handling but, both were equal in accuracy. Having to swap hands when loading is not a desirable element for safety. But... A single 10-pellet hole group at 40 yards is beautiful to see and both my rifles were this accurate.

As I have both rifles and a .22 HW77 I can only say all three are the best underlever spring rifles there is. I love them.

Regards to all who own these fine sporting rifles.

Simon

df

Thanks for the review,i have both of guns.

tx

1for tx great gun never bothered with springers but wow amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    A useful review there, Dunk. With any luck it'll reduce the number of "TX200 or HW97?" threads

I know a lot of people don't like the ratchet on the TX, but I never had an issue with it; after a while the hand swapping became natural and it didn't take significantly longer than with a non-ratchet system.

Matt
    The antibear trap is a good thing but its completely unnecessary as obviously we hold onto the underlever when loading. Therefore, I cut a 1 inch long slither of leather about 3 mm wide and then skived it so that it became tapered into a wedge. while depressing the antibear trap I slid it underneath the opposite end of the button. No more problems and can be pulled out if I am lending the gun to a novice (but I wont share Amy with anyone unsupervised). No ratchet and no sodding around pushing buttons while loading. Fab conversion.

Lovely Review mate, nice read, have to say that I ADORE my TX with the V-Mach kit. very accurate and consistent.
    Last edited by Rex&Amy; 10-11-2013 at 11:48 PM.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

I just bought a 97kt 177 new and it did go with a twang so took it apart cleaned polished and relubed and shot great the spring was already cut nead and ground perfect and guide was a tight fit heard all the raving about the sfs tune so got one which I swapped for an old sirocco and even though internally you can see a lot of work has been done on the sfs one there wasn't really that much difference

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    In my eyes the TX is the best springer ever made for its price.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

I have 2 97s and a TX. All tuned up, much prefer the 97 as I find the TX a bit front heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazmati2020 View Post
    Thank you for the written up.
    I've a TX in .22 but want to go back to .177 and am torn between these two (& pro port & LGV) so seems its down to how it feels to hold with rest so close.

What do you think of the .20 as a calibre though? I'm struggling with .22 hence the back to .177

i have the tx200hc wallnut in a left handed stock ..... allways allways used .22 all my life , then this came along in .177..... STILL finding it a tad weird getting used to little pellets ( especially with my sausage fingers )
    getting there tho i suppose its just a matter of getting used to it .....
    BRILLIANT review mate have to admit top notch .. well done

just read this thread

Being new and also finding both guns I might be looking at reviewed ,is very handy in helping me choose the right gun.Lets face it its quite a bit of money to spend on a hobby so I need to get it right,but things like this review help at least I know they are both good guns.Just one question though ,what is a welsh willy kit ,sounds like something from a sex shop lol.

Had a .22 97K a few years ago and i remember it as being a good rifle if a bit twangy and heavy plus as i only shot
    it as a target gun it gave the arms a good work out when firing 100 shots per sitting. Fast forward to now and iv got
    a TX200 in .22 which is smashing. Still on the heavy side and giving the arms a work out but i love it. Iv just started
    shooting a new Daystate Huntsman Regal in 177 which is fantastically accurate but it will never have the solid feel of
    the 97 or the TX200. Tim

22 or 177

Quote Originally Posted by Bazmati2020 View Post
    Thank you for the written up.
    I've a TX in .22 but want to go back to .177 and am torn between these two (& pro port & LGV) so seems its down to how it feels to hold with rest so close.

What do you think of the .20 as a calibre though? I'm struggling with .22 hence the back to .177
    Read you post, I can decided between the 22 or the 177 tx200? Which one did you decide on and why?
    Cheers Rich

I went .177 and Walther LGV. After a month or so and using the LGV for plinking and HFT I sold the TX as I know I won't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk1302 View Post

Cocking TX:9 HW:10
    ...We all know that the TX runs on synthetic bearings, so the cocking cycle is typically smooth, although with a tiny hint of roughness, which I suspect is just the bearings bedding in...
    I could be wrong, but only the piston on the TX has synthetic bearings. The compression cylinder does not, therefore on cocking stroke you no not get so much benefit. One of the TXs I had was 'rough' on the cocking stroke.

Like a few others here, I have had both guns (2 TXs), and there is overall very little to choose between them.

Rich

I have recently purchased a TX200 in .177 with a lovely walnut stock. I also own a HW77 in .22 which is quite an early model. I definately think the Tx is the better shooting rifle out of the box, but I have played around with the HW77 and it shoots more on a level with the TX200 now. Accuracy is better with the TX but it is .177 so that is to be expected in most cases.
    I have found the AirArms to be very low on power, only giving around 9.5 ft lbs. I have shot perhaps a couple of tins of pellets through it but it still records the same velocities.
    I am quite happy with both rifles, but I would like to get another Tx200 in .22, or a Pro sport in .22 at some point in the future.

Tuned 97s

I have shot both rifles and like both the HW and AA but I have to say I love the Weihrauchs best.
    I have a 97K in .22 that I've tuned with a V-Mach service kit, I also fitted buttons to the piston and cylinder, tuned the trigger and added a weight to the stock.
    It super smooth to cock and shoots and very accurate.
    I also have a 97KT composite .177 that has all of the above plus a V-Glide piston and cylinder from Steve Pope that I put together at the end of last week and has already put great single hole groups out to 50 yards.
    Both guns are around the 11.4 fpe and I'll never need another underlever again, that doesn't mean I won't buy one though :-)

Atb

Chris.