Thread: FX Impact - is the R&D sorted yet

FX Impact - is the R&D sorted yet

Are there still issues with the current lot of FX Impacts.

I want an FAC multi cal pest control rifle and if this has been sorted, I would be very interested?

What's the current (and I EMPHASISE THE WORD CURRENT) rate of return for this gun.

I am not looking to go back as to the history - we all know where the journey has been. Its the here and the now I am seeking.

Thanks
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Are there still issues with the current lot of FX Impacts.

I want an FAC multi cal pest control rifle and if this has been sorted, I would be very interested?

What's the current (and I EMPHASISE THE WORD CURRENT) rate of return for this gun.

I am not looking to go back as to the history - we all know where the journey has been. Its the here and the now I am seeking.

Thanks
    I believe the FAC Impacts have largely been ok in terms of quality as they are the main product, the sub 12FPE versions are an off shoot to the UK market and appear to be the ones which had mixed batches quality wise. If I was looking at FAC and fancied one I'd go for it and feel fairly certain it was going to be a decent one.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

My .25 fac impact that I have owned for a year now has mostly been fine, other than a leak that developed,but that was fixed under warranty.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

After a great deal of thought, I placed an order for one on Tuesday and it arrived on Thursday. I just went for a .22 barrel based on the advice of an owner who had bought .22 and .25 barrels. Its a complicated bit of kit but obviously quality engineering. I'm hoping my confidence isn't misplaced but time will tell no doubt.

Steve.

I owned the 12fp version with .177 and .22 barrels last year and had no problems whatsoever with it. A great gun.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

I have a 53 ftlb .25 Impact no problems whatsoever
    Acta non Verba

I purchased the second revision sub 12 in .22 (then purchased the .177 kit) last June and it’s still going strong, I love the rifle, and I mostly use it for target .177.

The only negative I have found is it’s super accurate providing I regularly clean the barrel (every 250 pellets)

I’m using JSB heavy 10.34 4.52

It’s definitely a rifle I will never sell.
    FX ImpactX, AirArms HFT500, 2xAirArms S200 MK3, Webley Omega, Weihrauch HW95, HW97K, HW98, HW99s, AirArms S200mk3, Gunpower Stealth, Weihrauch HW40pca, HW45 Black Star, Webley Alecto, Crosman 2240, Artemis pp700sa, Swiss Arms SA P1911, Walther CP88 competition, CP99

I have a customer that buys one in each colour and caliber. ie 4 (2x.22 2x.177). Had six months now and no problems so far. Sold quite a few more and not had any issues/faults with any. Only sold 2 fac's which i was surprised about as would have thought they would have been very poular.

BAR is still not selling them.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

Quote Originally Posted by riku View Post
    BAR is still not selling them.
    I suppose BAR won't know if the problems with the Impact have been resolved until they start selling them again.

Thats a better bit of feedback. Thanks for those who responded
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I'd be really interested in your thoughts on the Impact as I own a Wildcat in FAC?

there is a mark II wildcat out there, but still the same Impact. i hope this answers your question