Thread: BSA Meteor Mk2 finish

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Sounds like you was lucky that the person didn't do the job right then and make for a keyed surface to let the new paint grip to!!

I bought mine at the Melbourne vintage airgun fayre, Can't for the life of me remember what I paid for it! (Galloping dementia I think ) It really is in nice condition though!

John
    Your old mk2 is stunning! But is that an original mk2 stock, with the original finish?

I'm currently investigating mk2 stock finishes, and if yours is original, that would be something I could try to duplicate.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Your old mk2 is stunning! But is that an original mk2 stock, with the original finish?

I'm currently investigating mk2 stock finishes, and if yours is original, that would be something I could try to duplicate.
    Hi Evert

I have no idea, It seems to be finished as others are but it seems somewhat red!

I bought it from Chris Hough, The chap that bought all of Hillers stock when he retired!, He told me he went with a luton van and filled it completely top to bottom and front to back!!

I'll dig it out and remove the stock to see if the inletting finish looks like the others I have/had!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I have no idea, It seems to be finished as others are but it seems somewhat red!

I bought it from Chris Hough, The chap that bought all of Hillers stock when he retired!, He told me he went with a luton van and filled it completely top to bottom and front to back!!

John
    Could it be a more recent mk3 or 4 stock put on a mk2 action?
    I have done som deals with Mr Hough in the past, he helped me out with some hard to get parts.

Hiller was trading before I got seriously into old airguns, but I have seen some of his "catalogs" posted over at the VAG, seems like he was a colorful character

Given production numbers it's no surprise stock finish colours can vary.