Thread: venom 77k or not

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

venom 77k

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    You could ask vmach. Ivan is around but sorry to say you will not be able to contact him so Steve is your best bet. Mach 1.5
    i have received confirmation from Steve Pope ( v-mach), I sent him the pic of the sticker on my rifle along with the serial number, and he says they used a few designs over the years and he believes it is a genuine one, many thanks for clearing that up for me steve.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerginger View Post
    i have received confirmation from Steve Pope ( v-mach), I sent him the pic of the sticker on my rifle along with the serial number, and he says they used a few designs over the years and he believes it is a genuine one, many thanks for clearing that up for me steve.
    That's good to hear, I was pretty sure mine like yours is original. Now I guess you need to open up the gun to see what the internals are like!
    Rob

I didn't have the confidence to say if the sticker was correct or not, but I'm not at all surprised it is. I suspect the action is a Venom basic tune as they were doing early on.
    Only by looking at the internal might someone know more.
    Whatever the case its not the sexiest Venom that is shouting out "custom", well the action isn't. Still with that stock a good looking rifle.

Personally, I would use the stock for a full modern tuned new action, and put the old action into a standard veteran stock. Many a Venom came with standard factory, the customer not wanting to spend the extra. Think that would be all better use of the parts and more correct????