Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Buccaneer... great fun...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yep, planning to long stroke it with a diana 28mm parachute type seal, but to be honest the power is really irrelevant to me. Thumbhole is a bit small, but I think maybe you are setting your standards too high My stock has been modified - with car body filler to replace corners of the butt and cheekpiece where corners got knocked off.. However as the PO had sprayed it black (somewhat badly), I'll just respray it when I've finished the repairs.

I missed that Bash Les... pity. The spare (very tatty) .22 barrel I have might end up getting relined to .177 - that'd also solve the 5.6mm pellet problem and make it cheaper to feed.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Whadya mean as a kid? I bought one last year

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Whadya mean as a kid? I bought one last year

John
    And I've got a couple more to go, a boxed .177 and an unboxed .22.

Hi Shed tuner - I know just how you feel - Mine's a .22 one found last year that was leaning up in a shed with some timber - probably undisturbed for 20 years.
    It looked like a relic with a thick layer of dust and built up crud on it and missing the open sights.

Fortunately it was a dry shed, as it cleaned up lovely, with most of the blue remaining and appeared never to have been shot much. I had some aperture sights for a Meteor so they went on. Its the most fun with an airgun I've had in years.
    Last edited by silva; 07-01-2018 at 02:31 PM.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Thumbs up

I never had one as a kid but do now!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Been trying to buy one for ages! PM me anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I never had one as a kid but do now!!

John
    That's in lovely condition John.
    Regards
    Les..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    That's in lovely condition John.
    Regards
    Les..
    Hi Les

It is quite a nice old thing but I can't get my thumb through the hole!! I must be getting a bit plump or something!!!!

By the way, When I bought it the rearsight and safety had been removed for some reason and were in a small plazzie bag, I thought i'd put them on, There was a long screw and a short screw- I put them in wrong, The long screw I put in the safety blocked the passage of the long hammer and snapped it clean off!!, One flipping shot and it was Kaput!!

I had a running search on fleabay for a Buccaneer trigger and a Scorpion trigger, Eventually one turned up and I won it!!, I put it back together with the correct screw in the safety and all's well!!!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    And I've got a couple more to go, a boxed .177 and an unboxed .22.
    Someone off here bought mine,was it you sir?.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/7192...21379/?fref=ts Rapid 7,HW100kt .177,Theoben Fenman, BSA Goldstar,Daystate HW30S shrouded and tuned, HW99S (Paul Short tuned)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Brown View Post
    That is a possibility, a long time ago, but I can't say for sure as I've bought several over the years, and also have the Shadow Trooper version as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Brown View Post

Bob, I wish i'd have bought that Shadow from you when you sent me the pics!!

John

BSA Buccaneer... great fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yep, planning to long stroke it with a diana 28mm parachute type seal, but to be honest the power is really irrelevant to me. Thumbhole is a bit small, but I think maybe you are setting your standards too high My stock has been modified - with car body filler to replace corners of the butt and cheekpiece where corners got knocked off.. However as the PO had sprayed it black (somewhat badly), I'll just respray it when I've finished the repairs.

I missed that Bash Les... pity. The spare (very tatty) .22 barrel I have might end up getting relined to .177 - that'd also solve the 5.6mm pellet problem and make it cheaper to feed.
    a crosman 766 barrel liner would make a good donor if you can find a one being broken for spares.

The Buccaneer is deemed a junior type rifle but the length to pull on the trigger is nearly 15" inches,so us big kids can and do enjoy shooting them.
    They are a great addition to any collection.
    Les..

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    a crosman 766 barrel liner would make a good donor if you can find a one being broken for spares.
    I did almost exactly that one one of my scoprions - albeit with a 2200 barrel (same skinny crosman configuration) perfect, as you say, and a big power increase when the pellet doesn't slide an inch down the barrel before firing !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

BSA Buccaneer... great fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I did almost exactly that one one of my scoprions - albeit with a 2200 barrel (same skinny crosman configuration) perfect, as you say, and a big power increase when the pellet doesn't slide an inch down the barrel before firing !
    The crosman barrels are very accurate too & not at all pellet fussy I found, shoot almost all good quality pellets well. Did you araldite your liner in?