Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
Hi WILBA aka Chris,

I've had this several times over the years with my S410. Mag removed you will see the little brass spring clip on the side which rotates the magazine when the bolt is drawn. As with all full contact components, these stress and weaken over time. Both the clip and its little holding bracket are very quickly and easily removed (easier than changing a plug fuse), and being classed as a consumable part, Air Arms sell these selectors (think that is what they are called) for a few quid via a call direct (which was how I bought my last two), or via your local RFD with their modest mark-up (they need to eat, too, lol).

So don't waste any time trying to repair the existing component because, as stated, these have a natural shelf life and a finite number of times that they can execute before the spring looses its mojo. Also, what ever you do, do not, what EVER you do, go anywhere near this component's seat in your action with ANY FORM of adhesive, as it will do no good whatsoever, and both the short and the long term ramifications of that particular action, on your action, is not worth contemplating: gluing a component with a finite life-span in place is akin to welding your car's oil filter on if it comes loose.
I locktited mine over ten years ago and its never caused me a problem. A minute amount on the threads does no harm whatsoever, and the part is still easily removable should you wish.