Thread: Slinger69 AKA Gwyn Jenkins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Are there any of the Bash members who live near to Gwyn who may or are able to attend his funeral on behalf of the Rest of the Bash members.

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Does anybody else remember the time when Gwyn bought a new "Quick Erect" tent and spent five hours trying to put it up before giving in and accepting ten minutes help from someone else ?

Made me tired watching it but we had a good laugh about it later.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I don’t think Gwyn ever erected his own tent . He would arrive and ‘struggle’ for 10 minutes until a few of us jumped in and put it up for him as he was always the unofficial dignitary of The Bash. He would get his chair out, pour a red wine into his famous pewter goblet and watch us put his tent up whilst keeping us entertained with his regaling of stories and wonderful wit. Crafty bugger I reckon
    I remember drinking with him and others until the early hours of the morning when he became very drunk, he said he was quite surprised to be in that state as he had only had one bottle of red wine….. turns out it was a bottle of port he had sunk . I had to ‘carry’ him back to his tent and get him into his bed .
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I don’t think Gwyn ever erected his own tent . He would arrive and ‘struggle’ for 10 minutes until a few of us jumped in and put it up for him as he was always the unofficial dignitary of The Bash. He would get his chair out, pour a red wine into his famous pewter goblet and watch us put his tent up whilst keeping us entertained with his regaling of stories and wonderful wit. Crafty bugger I reckon
    I remember drinking with him and others until the early hours of the morning when he became very drunk, he said he was quite surprised to be in that state as he had only had one bottle of red wine….. turns out it was a bottle of port he had sunk . I had to ‘carry’ him back to his tent and get him into his bed .
    I can't believe he'd ask you for help, Paul.

Not after seeing the ballsup you did when you put the tent door towards the hedge so you couldn't get in it.

I remember leaving the Quigley Hollow fire at about midnight once and when I got back at eight the next morning you were all still sitting in the same places.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    So sorry to hear of Gwyn's passing
    He shared my love of military history. We would exchange books at the Bash
    A real old school gentleman
    RIP mate
    Pete

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I can't believe he'd ask you for help, Paul.

Not after seeing the ballsup you did when you put the tent door towards the hedge so you couldn't get in it.

I remember leaving the Quigley Hollow fire at about midnight once and when I got back at eight the next morning you were all still sitting in the same places.
    Standing wasn’t an option at that point Mick
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Are there any of the Bash members who live near to Gwyn who may or are able to attend his funeral on behalf of the Rest of the Bash members.

Melv

The death hasn’t been registered yet and contacting the undertakers is a job for today.
    I will post details when I get them if Angela says it’s ok. I will be going to the funeral if I can get there

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    The death hasn’t been registered yet and contacting the undertakers is a job for today.
    I will post details when I get them if Angela says it’s ok. I will be going to the funeral if I can get there
    Thats good TB,

Cheers
    Melv

So sad,
    Gwyn was a one off and as said by many a true gent.
    My sincere condolences to his family.
    Jonny

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post

Melv

I live a couple of miles from him. If anyone in touch with the family could please let me know the funeral dates, I'll try and attend.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

A respectful nudge back onto page one in case anyone has missed this.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedmaster2 View Post
    I only met Gwyn once at a Boinger Bash and recall sitting round a fire with Gav ( Bluefan), Pat and Graham ( Valeboy ) all singing our hearts out or trying to sing and having a thoroughly good time last thing at night. A sad loss for his family and may he rest in peace.
    Likewise met Gwyn at a forum bash. Son of a Welsh clergymen we supped and sang hymns till early ours.
    Sincere condolences to family and friends.
    Can an address for cards be provided please

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    There’s no death cert yet as the coroner wants a look. Angela is going to the fun shop on Wednesday and is going to ask for week beginning 29th for the funeral.
    I didn’t think he’d keep that long, but being ready-pickled helps, apparently.
    I might have the time and place mid week, but more importantly Angela would love to see any of you who can make it.

Sorry to hear this news.
    Condolences to his family.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Gwyn's funeral is bring held on 31st May at 1430 at Cannock chase crematorium.

Dave
    Smell my cheese