Thread: New daystate on the 30th July!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    I maintain that there is a certain sort of person that buys into the Daystate marketing rubbish.
    Nine carat gold and either ticks or stripes on their 'sportswear'.
    More to be pitied than scolded I think.

Chris
    The same can be said for all brand snobbery. It isn't just Daystate that provide expensive blinged up rifles and people can choose to spend their money how they wish.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    The same can be said for all brand snobbery. It isn't just Daystate that provide expensive blinged up rifles and people can choose to spend their money how they wish.
    I buy what I like if I could afford it. I like Daystate, I like Weirauch , I like AirArms and I like BSA. I have guns from of all of them, guns that I like. I agree 100% with what you say and to top it I hate brand ownership religion.

A.G

Who else does it to the extent that Daystate does it Rob?

Chris

I would never buy another daystate ,over rated ,over priced crap
    Chris is spot on what he has said IMO

people can choose to spend their money how they wish.
    Of course they can Rob but that doesn't stop us from identifying a certain demographic for the brand.

Chris

Of course they can Rob but that doesn't stop us from identifying a certain demographic for the brand.

Chris
    So because I like Daystate I am somehow socially or morally inferior to you?

inverted snobbery

the attitude of seeming to despise anything associated with wealth or social status, while at the same time elevating those things associated with lack of wealth and social position.

Sometimes I think the airgun fraternity is its own worst enemy, rubbishing anything that doesn't match their own current attitude on whats, good, bad, cool or not. whether its a PCP or Springer.

Opinions are great that are objective and not based on prejudice. Don't own a daystate at the mo but all the best to them and their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    inverted snobbery

the attitude of seeming to despise anything associated with wealth or social status, while at the same time elevating those things associated with lack of wealth and social position.

Sometimes I think the airgun fraternity is its own worst enemy, rubbishing anything that doesn't match their own current attitude on whats, good, bad, cool or not. whether its a PCP or Springer.

Opinions are great that are objective and not based on prejudice. Don't own a daystate at the mo but all the best to them and their fans.
    Thanks for the definition Tone.
    The fact is though, that if I was guilty of inverted snobbery I'd be derisive towards the buyers of all top end manufacturers. I'm being more particular and wealth, or lack of it, is completely irrelevent.
    Also, any opinion is subjective, that's exactly the definition of opinion. I won't type out the definition like you did though, it would be a bit pretentious in my opinion.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    So because I like Daystate I am somehow socially or morally inferior to you?
    Nothing to do with social standing or morals Gary.
    It's the susceptibility to being sucked in by the marketing and the belief that if something is expensive and blingy it must be good.

Chris

Who else does it to the extent that Daystate does it Rob?

Chris
    Impact, BSA, Weirhauch, Air Arms to name a few. They are all producing bling versions of the normal models.

Chris
    The demographic covers all brands. A certain type of people will buy shiny things but others are attracted to drab. practical items.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

The demographic covers all brands. A certain type of people will buy shiny things but others are attracted to drab. practical items.
    Exactly, so we agree.

Chris