Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
since bob somehow got me to take up the challenge of the 6yd trgt shoot albeit informally by post ive already discovered that its taken me to a different place in terms of the discipline of shooting ;i know my choice of pistol not being a dedicated trgt piece makes for an interesting challenge,but this is where the fascination took hold.in the first instance i noticed during that brief few moments before the sear releases i could just hear the faint grate as she was just about to let go, being a single stage kicker i was concentrating on every clue the pistol could feed back to know when she was going to release,amazing what you can pick up when you have to.the other point being the trigger pull is quite heavy so ive been very carefully trying to get the optimum point of my finger to get adequate pull without loosing feel ,none of that light pull through to slight hold then release of the hw75 i love and spoilt by.also that nice relaxed hold one can have with a trgt pistol has to be compromised a touch to overcome the extra trigger weight.
then theres the moment of truth when that comp card is slid into the frame!! theres a world of difference between those practise cards and the one you put your name to.ive come to a routine where i warm up by shooting practise card till [hopefully]the grouping just starts to close up then in goes the comp card and with luck ive timed it right [lol]. the test of my grit is when a shot goes off pist so to speak, depending on how wild it was and how many shots to go ;is there a chance that a couple of inspired scores could pull the average back up!.now before anyone says anything im not taking it to seriously and its proving to be alot of fun yes seriously.
the fact that ive had to turn all my r/h pistols to l/handers just adds to the errr fun ..
Webleys... I've been trying to analyse my 'wild' shots into the white.

They can be left at 8-9 o'clock, or right at 2-3 o'clock. But nowhere else

I though it was slack grip, but I've just been practicing with a very loose grip, and the results are the same as before... most shots in the 9 or 10, yet approx one out of five is off in the white (at 8-9 o'clock).

Don't think I'm shooting badly enough for it to be angular sighting errors, or trigger, so I'm stumped TBH

I notice you've ordered some nice wood grips from Andy. Funny, I was thinking the same thing myself

ATB - Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Hares Ear View Post
[...]
Here's my method of shooting a pistol [...]
Tee-hee... This is my 'Bible' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSW1sFMCMCs The best 12 minutes you can spend without a pistol I find it has the right balance of austere soviet repression + sexual tension + special effects - to put me in the 'zone'...