Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
Yes, but when they do, it'll be easier to argue they are barking up the wrong tree.
I don't think you realise the antipathy most people have towards any air weapon, as I may have mentioned before I have varied hobbies, one of which is playing music in pubs and clubs with like minded (musically) people.

I cannot recall how the conversation got round to it, but it was local history and I just piped up about Bell Target shooting in the area.

"You mean you have guns!" .a couple of people exclaimed.

"Well I did, shotguns and also used to shoot all sorts of firearms, these days though just a few vintage air rifles and a more modern one for target shooting" says I.

"No-one should be allowed to have guns of any sort!" exclaimed another person, and basically out of say 15-16 people there all agreed the same and it got quite frosty.

Nothing I said or tried to explain would change their minds, it was all "the sort of people who have guns like to inflict pain on innocent animals" etc.

They then started on about "fish tormenting" (fishing)..I kept stum about that as wanted to get out alive

I know music people tend to be quite left of centre in attitude from what I have heard over the years, but honestly the pure anger and total not willing to even let you try and explain was quite a eye opener, I would say ages between late 40's to 70's as well so all have been around a bit.

ATB, ED