Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Put a HW98 on that list.
    Good fun with the TX200 this morning. Kept up with a couple of Steyrs in the mint shooting stakes once I had zeroed the new scope.
    The power of the boing
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Put a HW98 on that list.
    The power of the boing
    I had a 98 once, SFS tuned and a very nice gun, but somehow we couldn't quite live together, and after a while it doubled the number of guns I have ever sold.

Current shortlist, completely unaffected by rational analysis, or any other form of logical thinking, but steered by prejudice and impulsive preference, is:

LGV - because my NickG'd LGU is so impossibly accurate (but not particularly pleasant to shoot)

HW95 - because my V-Mached 95 in .22 has such a lovely firing cycle that it a danger to my emotional health (but the .177 may not be quite so nice)

HW80 - because I have never had one, and worry that my life will not be complete until I do

FWB Sport - do I need a reason? My 300S just makes me want something else by FWB

But all this could change by April!

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    I had a 98 once, SFS tuned and a very nice gun, but somehow we couldn't quite live together, and after a while it doubled the number of guns I have ever sold.

Current shortlist, completely unaffected by rational analysis, or any other form of logical thinking, but steered by prejudice and impulsive preference, is:

LGV - because my NickG'd LGU is so impossibly accurate (but not particularly pleasant to shoot)

HW95 - because my V-Mached 95 in .22 has such a lovely firing cycle that it a danger to my emotional health (but the .177 may not be quite so nice)

HW80 - because I have never had one, and worry that my life will not be complete until I do

FWB Sport - do I need a reason? My 300S just makes me want something else by FWB

But all this could change by April!
    I can't think of anything else that I'd want to add to that list, sir. All very good.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I can't think of anything else that I'd want to add to that list, sir. All very good.
    But I might! Just hoping there will be a few there which I am allowed to try.

But I might! Just hoping there will be a few there which I am allowed to try.
    I will be bringing my hw80 in .177 you're welcome to have a play mate

Atvb

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I will be bringing my hw80 in .177 you're welcome to have a play mate

Atvb

Chris
    Thanks, that's one I really want to try. Is yours standard, or has it had some attention?

Thanks, that's one I really want to try. Is yours standard, or has it had some attention?
    It's not standard I'm afraid, venom internals, ginb stock and and a bull barrel. Its quite lively on firing but its accurate. I've a couple of other .177 break barrels that aren't on your list which I will be bringing with me which you're welcome to have a shoot of too. Will be bringing a theoben evolution in .177 and a tuned hw30 in .177

Atvb

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Put a HW98 on that list.
    Good fun with the TX200 this morning. Kept up with a couple of Steyrs in the mint shooting stakes once I had zeroed the new scope.
    The power of the boing
    Good show, young Pete.

The force is strong.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!