Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW100KT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    rotekz is offline Not the Barn Door Trophy winner 2009!
    I've had my HW100 S K version for a week now and love it. Very hard to fault it at all. A small gripe might be that it can't be de-cocked. You have to fire it to do that.

I have yet to go hunting with it and am looking forward to that.
    Day: Weihrauch HW100SK, Richter 3-9x50AOE
    BSA Supersport, Hawke Sport HD 3-9x50
    Night: BSA SuperTEN BB Carbine, ATN Aries MK440.

I agree - an excellent review and a superb rifle, especially in SK configuration. I liked mine so much, I bought another HW100, a full-length sporter this time. Both rifles were supplied with loose barrels but this was soon remedied. Not sure why they don't secure them properly before despatching the guns. Quality of stock woodwork varies greatly: the first rifle had a very light-coloured stock with minimal graining whilst the second had darker wood, well figured. I've seen another on display at a third gunshop with near exhibition grade walnut on it. Despite this, even the woodwork on the first one was significantly better than the stuff they're putting on Theobens these days.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

just wondering whether these guns are regulated?

Quote Originally Posted by bolted View Post
    In a very basic manner, yes. Quite often the regulators pressure isn't balanced properly which leads to the low shot-count.

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by bolted View Post
    They don't have a regulator in the way that most people would envisage one, but they have a mechanism in the front of the action that serves the same purpose as a regulator.
    You should be able to fill to about 200bar and run down to about 90bar without a power curve.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybuck View Post
    They don't have a regulator in the way that most people would envisage one, but they have a mechanism in the front of the action that serves the same purpose as a regulator.
    You should be able to fill to about 200bar and run down to about 90bar without a power curve.
    Mine goes down to just above 70bar before the power curve starts to drop off (noticed on the 55yard target on the zero range) . Its good for plinking short range down to 65 bar easy.

Fluffybuck, how hard is it to get past the anti tamper and reduce the power by about 1/2 to 1 ftlb? I know a chap at my club did this (pre AT) and he gets 70+ shots at full power. Would the hammer need to be adjusted as well to achieve this (if possible). Is it possible for any adjustment with the AT in place?

ATB,

Chris,
    Check out my Photography Web Site here

I am a great believer in what you pay for is what you get. And even though the big price hike for the HW due to the Euro gathering strength it's still worth every penny.
    Theoban and Daystates are again in the same league. But for a sub 12ft hunting Air rifle there is nothing better out there.

The only time i thought you got alot of gun for your money was the S200 MK 1. But then that was built in the czech republic. The s200's have never been as good since

ATVB

Dave

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by Neomagic View Post
    Mine goes down to just above 70bar before the power curve starts to drop off (noticed on the 55yard target on the zero range) . Its good for plinking short range down to 65 bar easy.

Fluffybuck, how hard is it to get past the anti tamper and reduce the power by about 1/2 to 1 ftlb? I know a chap at my club did this (pre AT) and he gets 70+ shots at full power. Would the hammer need to be adjusted as well to achieve this (if possible). Is it possible for any adjustment with the AT in place?

ATB,

Chris,
    Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy recently and didn't read the review section. If I don't respond some other time, drop me a PM as a reminder.

The HW100 AT is very difficult to deal with unless you have access to a workshop and are prepared to risk causing some damage to the gun.

To reduce the power by 0.5-1.0ftlb is not usually a problem on the AT guns. Rasing power might cause a steep power curve.
    On the AT guns, dropping the power won't improve the shot count.
    As you rightly said, you need full access to the internals (removal of AT) to set the hammer and reg properly and optimise the performance. With mine, after much experimenting, tweaking, a little poishing - and of course the removal of AT, I have managed to get around 95-100 per fill (11.4ftlb) from my two .177cal HW100K's.

As you have found, some HW100's can run below 90bar. There is quite a lot of variation in the way they are set up. Although I have not tried other regulated guns, I presume that other reg'd guns also have some variation in optimum fill pressure. If I remember right, Daystate guns have an individual data sheet for each gun's fill pressure.
    I have one HW100 that fills to 180 and runs down to 70. My modified one's can work from 210/220 down to 70/80 and would give well over 100 good shots per fill if run between 220-70 (I'd guess 120 per fill?), but I try to stay within normal pressure ranges.

Great guns

Good review for a great gun, I deeply regret selling mine. Although that regret is tempered by my ownership of a .20 HW77 which is fabulous!

''I used the rifle for a few weeks quite heavily (shooting about 1500 pellets) and chrono’d it again, as some 100’s have been known for power creep. It was still doing 11.4 ft/lbs with Weihrauch F&T’s, exactly what the factory cert said. So no power creep although it is still early days.''

Beware temperature fluctuations. mine was a whole fp different summer to winter.

Cheers
    Barry

Nice revue, had mine for a while now, pre AT in .22, did have some probs a while back with power creep but they are all sorted now. Love the bones of the gun, one of the best I have owned, a silent killer put loads of food on the table
    BSA Lighting XL .22 Hawke 3*9*40, HW100 .22 AGS 3*9*50 ir, Daystate X2 .22 Walther 3*9*56 ir, Daystate X2 Merlyn .177 Simmons 3*9*50

Weihrauch HW100KT

I've been looking for informative reviews on the Weihrauch HW100KT and I enjoyed reading your report.

It's helped me in making up my mind to buy one - thanks

Regards

Steve

Talking

very informative , in the process of purchasing one at the moment , following reading this it has confirmed the hw100 is a sound purchase

Great review

bought 100ks cos daystate mk4 is crap for hunting, did i cock it after the last shot? will i load 2 pellets? the gun is always cocked electronically and there is no way of knowing. cant shoot rabbits without pellets,i have tried on too many occasions. 100ks is great, impossible to double load,if the safety dont work its not cocked, problem is the gun is soooo light having trouble holding it steady, any tips on upping the weight?

Thumbs up superb

had my HW100T about 9 months now and its never faulted , excelant review on a supurb rifle