Thread: Weihrauch HW35 .22

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Have you seen the prices people are asking for old rough ones? Really seems to have shot up in the last couple of years despite them not being rare?!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Have you seen the prices people are asking for old rough ones? Really seems to have shot up in the last couple of years despite them not being rare?!
    I met a guy this week who picked one up that had been in a loft for years. He paid £20 and has enjoyed restoring it to an exceptional standard. However I do recognise that some people want quite a lot for old guns that are not that special, another thought it may be the quality or lack of finish on new guns is driving the price of a good old gun up.

Great review

And I gotta be fair to you, DJP - An impressive airgun tuning job.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 17-11-2017 at 03:27 AM.

I love my .22 35.
    I got it for nothing because it was in such a sorry state, totally covered in a waxoil type substance. I removed all that and stripped the gun, replaced all the seals and sprung it with a Titan spring with hardly any preload , it now runs at a consistent 11.4ftlb and is nice and accurate, quite soft to shoot not a quick action.
    It's probably accounted for about 150 squirrels this year.
    One of these days I'll give it a proper tune up with delrin bearings and guides, I also have a .177 barrel for it to try one day.
    I really wish I had bought one years ago in the early days of FT, I think I would have shot it better than the 77 we all shot then.

Should have shut my mouth yesterday, went to get it for a squirrel and it wouldn't cock. . Something to do with the trigger.
    I'll sort it though