When the NSRA announced that air rifles could be used for the prone competitions, I gave some thought as to what might be suitable kit. Presumably the rules on sights would be the same as for .22rimfire prone. So the air rifle would need diopter sights fitted. A sling and handstop would be almost essential to be competitive. That would mean a stock deep enough to have the necessary fittings needed. An adjustable buttpad would be very useful. Operating from the prone position would be awkward with many types of airguns. PCP with a sidelever or bolt should be operable fairly easily but I have also used springer sidelevers successfully from prone and some of the older sidelver target springers might be worth trying and many would already have diopter sights plus sling rails. Magazine use would not be allowed under NSRA prone rules, I think. The use of air rifles for prone could really revitalise prone shooting so if the NSRA have abandoned the experiment that is a short-sighted move. I have recently met some positive forward looking people at NSRA meetings and it is essential for the future of the NSRA that they open up alll the dsiciplines to airgun shooting. I quoite understand why new shooters do not want the hassle of an FAC and why some existing FAC holders no longer want the hassle.