Thread: Spring Powered Air Pistol Shooters Wanted.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Comp

Hi I have a collection of tempest and typhoon would they qualify as I could do with a reson to dust them off

I could well be interested in giving it a whirl with an old HW45 that I’ve recently purchased

I’m very rusty though so my aim will be for the wooden spoon

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    I could well be interested in giving it a whirl with an old HW45 that I’ve recently purchased

I’m very rusty though so my aim will be for the wooden spoon
    We had an entry who shot an HW45 using a single stroke only for each shot to give the right sort of power for paper punching at 6 yards (and 10 metres too!).

The MPL is a great excuse to "exercise" any classic airgun that may not get shot so often without some targets to shoot with it every month !
    Last edited by zooma; 14-11-2021 at 11:36 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by webtree View Post
    Hi I have a collection of tempest and typhoon would they qualify as I could do with a reson to dust them off
    Absolutely!

I have previously shot with various Webley air pistols in the MPL, and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge. The Typhoon and Tempest pistols are good to hold and shoot and with practice they can be as good a choice as any other springer.

It was good to see how my scores (sometimes) improved with each pistol over the 6 months of the competitions and I did enter twice (once with with two different springers) to see if I could do better with one type than the other.

My biggest challenge was entering with a Webley Junior! I found myself using my hand to smother the pistol and my second finger to pull the tigger with!

In the MPL competition, your biggest rival is only ever yourself, and I never had any interest in trying to win - only in using the competition to encourage me to actually use my airguns on a regular basis. Without the MPL I probably would not have shot my classic airguns as often as I did.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.