Thread: Results 2016 Spring Summer Series MPL Competition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Don't tell the missus cos I spent a small fortune last year on a target pistol, but you ain't far wrong , Not that Im saying I won't spend a small fortune this year it'll just be on other pistols, there's the 103, LP53, LP3, FAS, the list just goes on, oh and that P10 if it ever leaves your grip
    Ha - it is a disease

I am not surprised you regret selling that P10 - it is lovely bit of kit.

I was lucky enough to find another one after buying yours some time earlier last year and "had to have it" coz they don't come up that often and when they decide to leak - having another one in reserve means I don't have to rush down to Aldi to see if they have got an offer on their box of "O" rings

George is having a go with a P10 to shoot his MPL series with this season - so we could have another P10 convert joining the clan - most people that shoot the P10 like the easy cocking action and the way they shoot.

The rest of your list looks impressive - if you get that lot past the wife you will be dong very well
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Ha - it is a disease

I am not surprised you regret selling that P10 - it is lovely bit of kit.

I was lucky enough to find another one after buying yours some time earlier last year and "had to have it" coz they don't come up that often and when they decide to leak - having another one in reserve means I don't have to rush down to Aldi to see if they have got an offer on their box of "O" rings

George is having a go with a P10 to shoot his MPL series with this season - so we could have another P10 convert joining the clan - most people that shoot the P10 like the easy cocking action and the way they shoot.

The rest of your list looks impressive - if you get that lot past the wife you will be dong very well
    I've just slipped an Original Model 10 through the door
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

It is a good job my wife is a competitive at pistol too otherwise I would be in lots of trouble, but then again I turn a blind eye to her "collections" of things.

How many motorcycles is enough though!

George

See if you can guess where I ditched the Gamo Compact and took delivery of the FWB!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.N View Post
    See if you can guess where I ditched the Gamo Compact and took delivery of the FWB!
    ..*..*..*..*..I think it may have been after your first two cards - it looks like the FWB 65 suites you better !

Top Frog

The first scores are now coming in and it is good to see the varied mix of air pistols being used so far.

Some very good shooting has been achieved by Duncan (Frog) with his GAMO Centre that he picked up in need of some TLC for only £35.00 recently, ( see his BBS thread "New (to me) MPL Pistol" proving beyond any doubt that the BBS series is a great "leveller" and that good and competitive results can be achieved from ANY air pistol or rifle that is MPL legal.

By banning the CO2 and PCP air pistols and rifles we have come up with a great formula that works well and gives everyone that takes part in it a reasonable chance of success irrespective of available budget.

We only have two rifle results in so far - but 259 shot with a vintage Webley Mk 3 suggests we can expect to see exactly the same sort of situation there as well.

This MPL series is good !

well done to all as lots of scores came in this morning and table now updated, must shoot our cards but a new pistol should be coming my way to use but I'm temped to pull out my old Centre but it's not been used in anger in over 35 years but I did give it a birthday with a new seal and an internal fettle last year.

Best cheers
    George