Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airtech regged regal - my experience and not impressed at all

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    Just a thought, did you send the mag in the gun or loose in the packaging? If it was loose it may have been thrown away with the packaging by mistake.
    The action, each mod and mag were wrapped independently in bubble wrap and taped and then all wrapped together in one package and taped with the last bit of bubble wrap I had. These were placed in a grey plastic tube, the type used for contracting work,6 inch diameter, both ends had double thick cardboard ends with thick foam at each end. To stop any movement in the tube I padded it internally with old magazine pages. The end sections were then taped with gorilla tape over the top and around the ends

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano View Post
    The action, each mod and mag were wrapped independently in bubble wrap and taped and then all wrapped together in one package and taped with the last bit of bubble wrap I had. These were placed in a grey plastic tube, the type used for contracting work,6 inch diameter, both ends had double thick cardboard ends with thick foam at each end. To stop any movement in the tube I padded it internally with old magazine pages. The end sections were then taped with gorilla tape over the top and around the ends
    Fair enough mate. Like I said, just a thought, stranger things have happened.

Hope you get it sorted.
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano View Post
    There you have it, he missed it, thought it was bubble wrap or packaging and binned it.... I would have put the magazine in the action....

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    There you have it, he missed it, thought it was bubble wrap or packaging and binned it....
    I would have put the magazine in the action...
    Which is illegal if you transport or post it.
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Which is illegal if you transport or post it.
    Only if the magazine is loaded and only a fool would put a loaded magazine in a gun and post it. If the magazine is empty no offence has been committed as the gun is not loaded!

Only if the magazine is loaded and only a fool would put a loaded magazine in a gun and post it. If the magazine is empty no offence has been committed as the gun is not loaded!
    Wrong you should read the law on magazine airguns

Many air guns have multishot magazines. The Firearms Act 1968 states that if you
    have a magazine fitted to your airgun it is deemed to be loaded irrespective of
    whether the magazine contains ammunition or not. Additionally, if a magazine
    contains any ammunition (one pellet or more) the gun is deemed to be loaded even if
    the magazine is not fitted to the gun. Never have in your possession a magazine
    that is even partially loaded when not on your own property, a recognised club or
    land where you have permission to shoot and never transport your air gun with an
    empty magazine fitted. Despite the fact that there may be several feet between the
    magazine and your air gun, it is still deemed to be loaded as in law the magazine is
    considered to be part of the gun and you will face prosecution. There no defence in
    law to this charge.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Wrong you should read the law on magazine airguns

Many air guns have multishot magazines. The Firearms Act 1968 states that if you
    have a magazine fitted to your airgun it is deemed to be loaded irrespective of
    whether the magazine contains ammunition or not. Additionally, if a magazine
    contains any ammunition (one pellet or more) the gun is deemed to be loaded even if
    the magazine is not fitted to the gun. Never have in your possession a magazine
    that is even partially loaded when not on your own property, a recognised club or
    land where you have permission to shoot and never transport your air gun with an
    empty magazine fitted. Despite the fact that there may be several feet between the
    magazine and your air gun, it is still deemed to be loaded as in law the magazine is
    considered to be part of the gun and you will face prosecution. There no defence in
    law to this charge.
    Just read this bit!

(3)This section applies to every firearm except—

[F1(a)a shot gun within the meaning of this Act, that is to say a smooth-bore gun (not being an air gun) which—

(i)has a barrel not less than 24 inches in length and does not have any barrel with a bore exceeding 2 inches in diameter;

(ii)either has no magazine or has a non-detachable magazine incapable of holding more than two cartridges; and

(iii)is not a revolver gun; and]

(b)an air weapon (that is to say, an air rifle, air gun or air pistol [F2which does not fall within section 5(1) and which is] not of a type declared by rules made by the Secretary of State under section 53 of this Act to be specially dangerous).

Under 12 ft lb, so you can put the magazine in the gun. Now as it is a pcp it should be transported devoid of air too, so it should also be in a condition which means it cannot be fired!

[QUOTE=secretagentmole;7267692]Just read this bit!

(3)This section applies to every firearm except—

[F1(a)a shot gun within the meaning of this Act, that is to say a smooth-bore gun (not being an air gun) which—

(i)has a barrel not less than 24 inches in length and does not have any barrel with a bore exceeding 2 inches in diameter;

(ii)either has no magazine or has a non-detachable magazine incapable of holding more than two cartridges; and

(iii)is not a revolver gun; and]

(b)an air weapon (that is to say, an air rifle, air gun or air pistol [F2which does not fall within section 5(1) and which is] not of a type declared by rules made by the Secretary of State under section 53 of this Act to be specially dangerous).

Under 12 ft lb, so you can put the magazine in the gun. Now as it is a pcp it should be transported devoid of air too, so it should also be in a condition which means it cannot be fired![/QUOTE

Sorry you can not have a empty mag in a gun unless you are on your ground or club you are shooting at

There you have it, he missed it, thought it was bubble wrap or packaging and binned it.... I would have put the magazine in the action....
    So does the possibility that he "missed it" absolve him of full, or even 50% of the responsibility for losing an item which he reportedly specifically requested be sent?
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    So does the possibility that he "missed it" absolve him of full, or even 50% of the responsibility for losing an item which he reportedly specifically requested be sent?
    Not saying it absolves him, just explains how the hell it happened though!

For crying out loud!

You lads should get out shooting or walking instead of venting foul air on here.

If I was Carl, I'd stump up half for a replacement mag and be done with it.

I'm off to the pub...

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    You lads should get out shooting or walking instead of venting foul air on here.

I'm off to the pub...
    Which Carl has offered to do

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Which Carl has offered to do
    Sorry. I missed that it the 14 pages of blither.

If that's the case then surely c'est ça?

I'm off to the pub...
    I guess you are posting on your mobile from your hide?
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

I'm off to the pub...
    I have already offered that but he choses to continue the slagging off. he is under the impression all this is going to shut me down. what he does not realize is i are just about to open the largest shooting range in Shropshire. along with a shop that will be stocking most pcp rifles made. i own a engineering company nothing to do with rifles. and he thinks bollocks over a mag is going to shut me down.. dream on he has been given options i will go half way in a mag. but why should i do that. your all saying he sent it. where is the proof. there isn't any. if it was wrapped up that well looking like rubbish then its very possible it could have been mistaken as rubbish. if your going to wrap something up that's important then it should be in a envelope or something so it cannot be mistaken as packing. he has also been given the option i will revert the rifle back to as it was standard give him a refund and he can go elsewhere,