Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW35

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    These are my recently acquired Weihrauchs. I cant see what all the fuss is about the length of the HW35E. The HW 77 may actually be a tad longer.... They didnt do many carbines in the 70's....

Anyway I musnt of had my glasses on looking at the Export, it does have a nice walnut grain and it is better again on the reverse. CAN YOU CUT THE BARRELS DOWN TO SIZE AND RETAIN ACCURRACY, ANYONE ? Theres lots been cropped so I guess so, and I've been told so. Just looking for others opinions

Pictures....

Nice selection there.Has the Luxus got a 22" barrel as well ? One of mine has a 22" barrel ,the 35 models were available with the 22" barrel as an option it was not just restricted to the Export model which refers to the stock.

You can happily shorten the barrel & recrown it, usually with no accuracy problems but save the Export

Will do Landymick, the two on the left is a Vixen and an export, the next one is about 3 inches shorter. For a rifle made in 1976 its in great nick, on the outside just need to get its inards right. Same as the HW 77. Im windering what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    I'm wondering what to do with it.
    As a starting point I'd fit the later longer stroked and lighter weight synthetic sealed piston, a piston liner coupled with Delrin guides and top hat and see what the firing cycle is like.

Piston weights and strokes :- http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....99#post7168099

If you have a 4mm transfer port on the gun you may want to consider sleeving the transfer port down to 2.8mm if it feels a bit slammy with the above tune.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    Don't fall for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you are being what we called in the prison service as conditioned

Kinda like feeling an association with your kidnapper after a while of being kept tied up wearing a hood
    I think you're prematurely assuming that the 35 collective actually allow him to have one, Chiefy, taking into account his past record!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    As a starting point I'd fit the later longer stroked and lighter weight synthetic sealed piston, a piston liner coupled with Delrin guides and top hat and see what the firing cycle is like.

Piston weights and strokes :- http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....99#post7168099

If you have a 4mm transfer port on the gun you may want to consider sleeving the transfer port down to 2.8mm if it feels a bit slammy with the above tune.

All the best Mick
    If Uncle Mick says do this.....DO THIS!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    Don't fall for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you are being what we called in the prison service as conditioned

Kinda like feeling an association with your kidnapper after a while of being kept tied up wearing a hood

That would be the Stockholme syndrome- Anyone that chops an Export barrel should be tied up and sent to Stockholme!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I will be collecting a 35 from trumpetier at the bash and plan on tuning it there as cheap as poss so no chance of a new piston .

Its a cheap 1977 one bit battered as far as i know ,it will fit in with my 1980 80 and 95 just fine i already have a name lined up for her "GRAMPS".
    One thing i don't like leather piston seals.
    Thought i read someware that the piston seal conversion woukd short stroke it a bit anyway ?
    anyone done this and know the best place to get the bits ?
    I will be bringing my box of springs and blowtorch to the bash so will work out the best spring and set of guides on the bench with a chrono etc.
    Never done any sleaving down but thats probably not the sort of thing i could do" in the field"so to speak .
    Will bring a drill with four fully charged batterys in case i feel the need to do some polishing.

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    One thing i don't like leather piston seals.
    Thought i read someware that the piston seal conversion would short stroke it a bit anyway ?
    anyone done this and know the best place to get the bits ?
    I will be bringing my box of springs and blowtorch to the bash so will work out the best spring and set of guides on the bench with a chrono etc.
    Never done any sleaving down but thats probably not the sort of thing i could do" in the field"so to speak .
    Will bring a drill with four fully charged batterys in case i feel the need to do some polishing.
    If you just buy a 30mm Weihrauch piston seal I can machine up the piston while you wait.

If you wander over the road from the Bash to my workshop I have lathes, gas axe and grinders etc.

All the best Mick

That would be amazing if you could .dont want to put you out too much on the bash though .

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    That would be amazing if you could .dont want to put you out too much on the bash though .
    No problem at all --- a lot of the lads help themselves to my workshop during the bash.

To speed things up I could sort a piston out beforehand and just exchange it with you on the day.

All the best Mick

Is our Mick simply not the bestest host......ever?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Im really looking forward to meeting you both. Unfortunately just couldnt wait, HE 35 in for tune and extras. Hopefully the export gets started on next week. Will try to do some work in progress photos for them.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    No problem at all --- a lot of the lads help themselves to my workshop during the bash.

To speed things up I could sort a piston out beforehand and just exchange it with you on the day.

All the best Mick
    That would be a really good idea.

Really looking forward to the bash .

Cheers Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Im really looking forward to meeting you both. Unfortunately just couldnt wait, HE 35 in for tune and extras. Hopefully the export gets started on next week. Will try to do some work in progress photos for them.

Cheers

Be great to meet you, Duggan, and looking forward to seeing you again, Paul.