Thread: Do Crosman make the Benjamin pump up rifle now?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    hello, is there a decent pump up to buy in UK ?

Loving the Chinese rifle! And to second Oldboy is there a decent current pump up?

nothing really new apart from the lr700 though sharps are still made in Japan (not for export) and the 392/7 from Benjamin
    one to look at is the nova vista that is a pcp that has an on board pump

What about the SMK B45? Is that still a thing? Are they for sale anywhere? I probably would try one of those just because they are so different

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    What about the SMK B45? Is that still a thing? Are they for sale anywhere? I probably would try one of those just because they are so different
    1. Awful.
    2. No longer made, because awful
    3. Nope.
    4. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    nothing really new apart from the lr700 though sharps are still made in Japan (not for export) and the 392/7 from Benjamin
    one to look at is the nova vista that is a pcp that has an on board pump
    Not wanting to be a git, ped, but I'm pretty sure that I had read in the past that Sharps were all for export as they couldn't be owned in Japan? Could be very wrong, though, and stand to be corrected.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Not wanting to be a git, ped, but I'm pretty sure that I had read in the past that Sharps were all for export as they couldn't be owned in Japan? Could be very wrong, though, and stand to be corrected.
    They can be. Just on a more stringent equivalent of an FAC. Day-long competency test, medical, drug, psych checks. Limits on ammo holding and storage (I believe Japanese shotgun shooters can only buy new cartridges if they hand in their empties in exchange), annual checks by police, that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    They can be. Just on a more stringent equivalent of an FAC. Day-long competency test, medical, drug, psych checks. Limits on ammo holding and storage (I believe Japanese shotgun shooters can only buy new cartridges if they hand in their empties in exchange), annual checks by police, that kind of thing.
    Thank you.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I have a couple of dasys and even the US made ones are more toy like in construction I have a 822 to reseal and a 922 to reseal and source a barrel and pellet loader for but I never seem to get the motivation to do them and keep forgetting to order the seals for them

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    hello, is there a decent pump up to buy in UK ?
    You might be interested in the Daisy Powerline 880 -- lots of plastic like the Crosman 766 -- but a decent enough little plinker and as cheap as chips at under £50.

I have a Daisy (all plastic) pump up and its good fun, both my lads started plinking with it... I believe they make a wood stocked version which would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    I have a Daisy (all plastic) pump up and its good fun, both my lads started plinking with it... I believe they make a wood stocked version which would be interesting.
    Never owned one, but those Daisy’s have always had an odd appeal. Light, cheap, plasticky, heavy trigger, not too powerful, but I have always sort of liked them.

Not sure about a wood version. I don’t think that’s currently offered.

Much as with the 760s, the earlier (70-93) ones have metal receivers and are generally probably more desirable.