Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: pcp pump for under a fiver!!

Anyone else tried their pump yet, I've spoke to my mate last night who had the original £30 pump off me, And yes he's still using it, He's had it well over a year now and no probs whatsoever,

I just took my 4L bottle to be filled and it now costs £5. More than my pump!
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    I just took my 4L bottle to be filled and it now costs £5. More than my pump!
    Christ! That makes diving an expensive hobby! IIRC we used to pay 1s (5p) for 5 (or was it 10?) cu ft and 1 cu ft is 28.3 litres!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Christ! That makes diving an expensive hobby! IIRC we used to pay 1s (5p) for 5 (or was it 10?) cu ft and 1 cu ft is 28.3 litres!
    I felt sure that this was wrong so I had to look it up. Seems far too many to me but this is correct. Them cubic feet are much bigger than I expected!
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    I felt sure that this was wrong so I had to look it up. Seems far too many to me but this is correct. Them cubic feet are much bigger than I expected!
    look at it this way.. a litre is a 10cm x 10cm x 10 cm cube. There are about 3 lots of ten centimetres in a foot, so 3 x 3 x 3 = 27. Add a bit as it's actually 30.5 or so cms in a foot.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    look at it this way.. a litre is a 10cm x 10cm x 10 cm cube. There are about 3 lots of ten centimetres in a foot, so 3 x 3 x 3 = 27. Add a bit as it's actually 30.5 or so cms in a foot.
    I understand the maths but I simply had never bothered to calculate it. BTW it is 28.3
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

R30Jeff is offline Not Smarter Than The Average Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Logun-ator. Mine arrived within 4 days of ordering delivered by Hermès. One of the £4.99 ones and the build quality is remarkably good. Cannae understand how they do it for the price!🤫
    Forced labour by Uighurs, it don't cost 'em a penny to make outside the materials.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Mine showed up today --- these are bloody unbelievable value for a fiver.

I just need a PCP now.
    I'm in the same boat, I just need a pcp maybe now, maybe later

But if it wasn't for the VCR rule, I'm sure all us £5 pump owners would now be sporting £49.98 pcp's
    Hw77+7

The 15 pound ones come with filters and more spare seals than the cheaper ones. Not sure if there is a difference inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    I had to look it up too before I typed it!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Must have missed the boat; don't see them now!

Still, I have 2 I don't use (at least until the bottle dies!) so maybe don't need even a cheap spare; but.....!

Stay Safe & Well
    atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    I'm in the same boat, I just need a pcp maybe now, maybe later
    Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    Double check your order because if you havent ticked the box to decline the Prime offer, you have almost certainly been signed up.

Atb
    Chris
    Hello Chris , thanks, I checked on account and nothing mentioned I now have prime , I will keep an eye on this just in case, cheers

Hello, how are forum members finding these pumps?? are the connectors suitable for your fill probes ??? I found that the Kwik fit are not the same as best fittings and the threads are all metric, I have an adapter coming to screw into pump hose and take a 1/8 BSP thread, which are most fill probes we use except maybe a chinese PCP,

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    Hello, how are forum members finding these pumps?? are the connectors suitable for your fill probes ??? I found that the Kwik fit are not the same as best fittings and the threads are all metric, I have an adapter coming to screw into pump hose and take a 1/8 BSP thread, which are most fill probes we use except maybe a chinese PCP,
    Mine is the daystate/quick connector type, My best fittings adapters fits mine great, I filled a 200 cc bottle up very quick compared to the other pumps I've used in the past, Normally you get to about 150 bar then it's like trying to dig an hole with a space hopper, This did get harder as more air went in but it filled rather quickly, I was quite surprised how well it worked,