Thread: Variation going in for first BP pistol!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Having shot BP once or twice myself I would recommend goggles over the top of specs even if they are impact rated. The goggles stop the bits of burning powder that seem to fly everywhere even if you are shooting percussion cap guns but when shooting flintlock or matchlock with a flashpan and your specs will get covered with black coals from the shower of sparks.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    Having shot BP once or twice myself I would recommend goggles over the top of specs even if they are impact rated. The goggles stop the bits of burning powder that seem to fly everywhere even if you are shooting percussion cap guns but when shooting flintlock or matchlock with a flashpan and your specs will get covered with black coals from the shower of sparks.

Cheers tom, I have some god-awful yellow ones I bought a long time ago for clay shooting ages ago...
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.