Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your replies and great recommendations.

I am definitely keen to get something with a rifled barrel with pellets, I had tbh just assumed parts wouldn't be an issue for any of the main brands but this would be an important consideration as I would like it to last and be serviceable.

The Vigilante does look really cool and seems excellent value and very versatile, although plastic does put me off slightly.

The Smith & Wesson 586 6 does look very solid and I do like the idea of being able to adapt sights and barrels should I feel the need in future. The magazines being readily available also sounds great

I was leaning away from a single shot pistol but looking at it I am now quite interested in the 2240 I do like the sound of the tuning and customisation options as I am a bit of a tinkerer, they are also very cheap and doesn't look like there is much to go wrong. Is anyone able to give me a figure of shots per cylinder for this?

Once I have enough posts i'll check the for sale section for the 2240 you mention Tony.T, out of interest do you recall how much is going for?

Also thanks for the advice on getting it chrono'ed, generally speaking how do "most" pistols stand up to the 6ft.bl limit do many fall well below or sit around a safe 5.5 or something?

Upon reflection I do think a single shot bolt action would be nice and easy to reload and remove the temptation to go nuts and shoot like crazy and go through lots of canisters and pellets......

Thanks again everyone