Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Famous Matt C BBS Summer Shoot 2013

The Famous Matt C BBS Summer Shoot 2013

Guys

We are looking for another Venue/Event for 2013 as East Devon FTC cannot host it.
    It may seem very early to be mentioning this but the sooner it is the sooner something can be arranged.

We are looking for a venue/Event that could host a weekend,shooting on the Saturday and camping Fri,Sat,Travel back on the Sunday.
    A pub or Chippy local would be an advantage for Saturday night meal

Matt Crouch (Matt C. on here) has always been the organiser of this event but has more pressing commitments so I have agreed to help out.

The majority of the attendees are from the South West. So, does anyone from this area have any ideas for an alternative event?

Steve
    Last edited by Silverfox; 01-12-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    All The Best

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for taking this on. We have held it for eight years now, it is a shame that East devon do not wish to hold it. It is a great venue with some very emminent shooters over the years. I hope another club may assist and as always we can support a local charity and have a BBS social shoot.

ATB, take care, Matt
    All in black, all in black, gives wabbits a heart attack.

TERRYT is offline I DID see a pussy. I DID! I DID!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox View Post
    Guys

We are looking for another Venue/Event for 2013 as East Devon FTC cannot host it.
    It may seem very early to be mentioning this but the sooner it is the sooner something can be arranged.

We are looking for a venue/Event that could host a weekend,shooting on the Saturday and camping Fri,Sat,Travel back on the Sunday.
    A pub or Chippy local would be an advantage for Saturday night meal

Matt Crouch (Matt C. on here) has always been the organiser of this event but has more pressing commitments so I have agreed with him to take on the mantle.

The majority of the attendees are from the South West. So, does anyone from this area have any ideas for an alternative event?

Steve
    Hi Steve,

I have an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt C. View Post
    Steve,

Thanks for taking this on. We have held it for eight years now, it is a shame that East devon do not wish to hold it. It is a great venue with some very emminent shooters over the years. I hope another club may assist and as always we can support a local charity and have a BBS social shoot.

ATB, take care, Matt
    Hi Matt,

This is the idea.

.....http://www.shebbearshooters.co.uk/sh...k/gallery.html.

ATVB Lads, TERRY..
    Although I still walk softly with a big "STICK" I firmly believe the carrot works best,

Steve,

Please clear your message inbox mate..

ATVB TERRY
    Although I still walk softly with a big "STICK" I firmly believe the carrot works best,

Tomahawkss is offline Nearly the "Last Man Standing"..... twice.
    Terry did a very good job standing in last yr when the numbers and weather let us down- I will look forward to helping out and attending 2013 event wherever it is.
    Andy
    Short Stroked Venom Tomahawk !

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawkss View Post
    Terry did a very good job standing in last yr when the numbers and weather let us down- I will look forward to helping out and attending 2013 event wherever it is.
    Andy
    Cheers Andy, your help was invaluable this year for the most important bit........(Breakfast) nom,nom..

ATVB TERRY

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    Hi Steve,

I have an idea.

Hi Matt,

This is the idea.

.....http://www.shebbearshooters.co.uk/sh...k/gallery.html.

ATVB Lads, TERRY..
    Terry,

That looks like a cracking idea. I am all for a club hosting it and as in previous years, bringing in some new folk to target shooting in a well advised and safe environment. As you know the set up that evolved at East Devon was pretty good with the club, the pub and camping.It was a very good PR exercise for airgun shooting, and most appreciated by all the charities we have supported.
    I still need to locate the "Person who was drunk or on drugs" and the children "Wandering around with loaded guns unsupervised", as soon as I do I will speak with them. If anyone who was there can assist me with the identity that would be a help. In the mean time, Steve and I will work towards a gathering for 2013. Until then I await some evidence to substanciate what to my mind is tending towards slanderous allegations. I was the range marshall, and as far as I am completely satisfied, it did not happen on my watch....

Take care, Matt C.

I still need to locate the "Person who was drunk or on drugs" and the children "Wandering around with loaded guns unsupervised", as soon as I do I will speak with them. If anyone who was there can assist me with the identity that would be a help.

Take care, Matt C.
    I've been there on every single EDFTC/BBS shoot Matt, as you know, and I think these unfounded accusations need evidence bringing forward by those who made them.

In the meantime, I shall regard them as the bullshit they are, and as a wholly untrue and invented excuse for not wanting to host this event again.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    I've been there on every single EDFTC/BBS shoot Matt, as you know, and I think these unfounded accusations need evidence bringing forward by those who made them.

In the meantime, I shall regard them as the bullshit they are, and as a wholly untrue and invented excuse for not wanting to host this event again.
    With you on this Pete, Put up or shut up before you receive a writ.

ATVB TERRY.

Smile

Terry,

That looks like a cracking idea. I am all for a club hosting it and as in previous years, bringing in some new folk to target shooting in a well advised and safe environment. As you know the set up that evolved at East Devon was pretty good with the club, the pub and camping.It was a very good PR exercise for airgun shooting, and most appreciated by all the charities we have supported.
    I still need to locate the "Person who was drunk or on drugs" and the children "Wandering around with loaded guns unsupervised", as soon as I do I will speak with them. If anyone who was there can assist me with the identity that would be a help. In the mean time, Steve and I will work towards a gathering for 2013. Until then I await some evidence to substanciate what to my mind is tending towards slanderous allegations. I was the range marshall, and as far as I am completely satisfied, it did not happen on my watch....

Take care, Matt C.
    Well said Matt , I would also like some answers to the points you raised.

ATB Steve

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post

With you also Pete on this

ATB Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    With you on this Pete, Put up or shut up before you receive a writ.

ATVB TERRY.
    Last edited by Silverfox; 24-11-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    All The Best

Steve

Thanks for your support chaps, we will meet and have a good fun competition.

Take care, Matt

Brilliant Rich

Sound like it going to be an Excellent Event

Thank you
    All The Best

Steve

Rich,

Got your PM, sounds all good to me. Perhaps we should set a precident - the barn door holder organises the next yeras event. Right - just off to start practicing!!

Take care, Matt

Tomahawkss is offline Nearly the "Last Man Standing"..... twice.
    Rich I have PM'd you - I am with Matt and Steve- excellent idea
    Andy
    Short Stroked Venom Tomahawk !

Hi guys, how's this coming along now?

Chris