Thread: MTC Taipan 4-16x50

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Looks good if it is...

hi

nice .
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Was...

...looking trhough one side by side with a Swarovski and a Pecar and I have to say it stood up to them very well. Liked the new ret, not bothered either way on the turrets as long as they do their job but the sun shade bugs me no actual reason other than it just does LOL

Can't comment on the IR as "Catweasel" didn't have a battery in it

Quote Originally Posted by scottyoungsheep View Post
    Looks good if it is...
    That's the one - AMD

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    That's the one - AMD
    So when does the HFT version hit the shops Gary, that Ret looks ideal
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Will be a while Chris, we have 200 AMD and 100 SCB in the Taipans and when they are gone that's going to be it until June. We lose 3 months because of Chinese New Year

I was using it on my MK3 Daystate today and was very impressed, did the usual turret tests and it passed with no problems returning to exact zero every time, not that I ever dial in on any type of rifle but tested them anyway, I have always used holdover and the AMD is the best I have used yet

I will post some pics tomorrrow

I will be interested to see if the telescopic sunshade holds its position under real recoil later this week, not that it matters
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Price difference isn't as much as i expected it to be, only like 10% more?

Would the 10x44 likely retail around what £165-£170?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Will be a while Chris, we have 200 AMD and 100 SCB in the Taipans and when they are gone that's going to be it until June. We lose 3 months because of Chinese New Year
    do mtc do a scope called a mamba i know they do the viper and taipan.this is a genuine question thanks phil.

boff180 Guest
    Finally got chance to try my 6-24 AMD Taipan today after receiving a month ago (thanks Garry and Sammy).

What a cracker at 50 metres, the scope was very easy to zero and is very clear.

The only thing I noted is that IR buttons are a little to easy too press... the IR turned itself on in my gun bag which was a surprise when I looked through it.

Nether-the-less, full marks for the taipan!

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by philtheferret View Post
    do mtc do a scope called a mamba i know they do the viper and taipan.this is a genuine question thanks phil.
    yes sir

They are second focal plane thank goodness

I would like to know what glass is actually "better" than these scopes as I have used and owned Leupold/Zeiss/S&B/Swarovski/Pecar/Khales/NF/EB/and so on, there is a difference with the European glass and it may be resolution but I cannot say I found it "better" as the Taipan is just as clear as any of them and compared to a S&B 8x56 (with Taipan on 8x) it lasted just as long at low light

Now there must be a difference as some of the other scopes I have owned cost up to 4 times as much but in all honesty, (apart from the bragging value of owning a top quality model ) there is no way on earth the difference is worth the price tag involved, I can hit just as much and score just as high with MTC scopes as any others I have used, and I have owned just about everything I know of thats available (apart from IOR which I must admit blew me away!)

So its down to each persons eyes as far as I can make out, I still use Leupolds on heavy recoil rifles as its got nice safe eye relief And the Taipan sunshade can move under hefty recoil

I put my 4-16x50 Taipan on my HMR on Saturday and spent two days out rabbiting, superb scope for HMR, but as I aim off (dont use dial-in as cant be bothered) I prefer the SCB as it has more ballistic lines for windage and I needed quite a bit at the range I was shooting them!

No hint of any "whiteout" I have heard spoken about, might get it if your eye isnt in correct place, I have had that on £1600 scopes!

What a great looking scope too, the tele-shade has grown on me too, didnt like it at first and was going to remove it but as long as your rifle isnt a larger heavy recoiler I think its cute
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Bein after one of these for a while now, but has taken a while for them to come to production...
    comparing it to the viper....
    Is the glass better then the viper, and if so what scope would it compare to?
    Is the ret just as usefull as the viper, or is it better?
    Carnt wait till other modles are avalible