Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Is it clear how many of the applicants already had sgc or fac?

A.G
    Sorry I do not remember if they quoted those figures. Only had a quick read at the RFD today.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    That maybe so but the fact that there is possibly many thousands more being held on FAC and SGC licenses then the numbers are only based on licenses applied for , Not how many could eventually be issued .

There could be people out there with 100 - 200 airguns in their collections . It wont take man collectors with similar amounts in their collections to account for a fair amount of airguns

Just because who ever said there was 500.000 does not mean that number is true . It's a guesstimate at best . It could be less or it could be more .

As i said in my post above , The true number of licenses issued will not be know till 2021.
    Why 2021 what is so significant about that year.

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    Why 2021 what is so significant about that year.
    FAC and SGC license last 5 years . so if you got your FAC or SGC before 31st of December 2016 then it will be 2021 when they need to get their Airgun license as they will not be covered after that date.

My brother in law renewed his license in November 2016 and he is covered for his airgun until November 2021 after that date he will require a license .

If you are aged 14 or over and held a valid firearm and/or shotgun certificate on the 31st of December 2016, you won’t need to apply for a separate air weapon certificate until your existing licenceexpires.

So if you had your FAC or SGC licenses granted or renewed in 2016 they will run out 2021
    Last edited by bighit; 15-02-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Now 6,736.

Get some in.

Some way to go to get to 10,000, should make that by August.

A long way to get to 100,000 nationwide...but there is time!
    By August? Is it going to drag on that long?

I've signed.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Done.
    Asen

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    By August? Is it going to drag on that long?

I've signed.
    It's 7,937 now, so 'should' exceed 10,000 within a few weeks (i.e. easily by/before August); 10,000 being the level when the Government will respond. But to be considered for debate in Parliament it needs to reach 100,000, which will depend on continued awareness in the wider community and folk signing up....which may well drag on.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    I haven't seen a petition to licence airguns which has reached over 100,000. That would have lead to a debate in parliament. I was under the impression this recent debate was brought up by the Bristol MP where the toddler was accidentally shot by that brain dead moron and followed the coroner's report into the Somerset boys tragic death. And that initiated the HO review
    Yep, that's pretty much it,
    note that it's a Home Office Consultation rather than a formal review,
    This petition has "jumped the gun" a bit because there is no actual plan to licence airguns, but as it's out there it needs to be supported, because as I said previously if it flops it will work against us.

Done.

Has the government given an actual date when it will publish its findings?
    Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    FAC and SGC license last 5 years . so if you got your FAC or SGC before 31st of December 2016 then it will be 2021 when they need to get their Airgun license as they will not be covered after that date.

My brother in law renewed his license in November 2016 and he is covered for his airgun until November 2021 after that date he will require a license .

If you are aged 14 or over and held a valid firearm and/or shotgun certificate on the 31st of December 2016, you won’t need to apply for a separate air weapon certificate until your existing licenceexpires.

So if you had your FAC or SGC licenses granted or renewed in 2016 they will run out 2021
    Thank you. I understand why you say better figures will be available in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Yep, that's pretty much it,
    note that it's a Home Office Consultation rather than a formal review,
    This petition has "jumped the gun" a bit because there is no actual plan to licence airguns, but as it's out there it needs to be supported, because as I said previously if it flops it will work against us.
    Hopefully it breaks the 10,000 mark around the same time the HO are dealing with the responses of their consultation. That way, if licensing was even a consideration, this could help convince them otherwise. I personally don't think it will be but worry about what other things they might try and do. Sensible storage such as locked cupboards don't bother me as mine are all locked away. But anything around anti tamper or further age restrictions worries me.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Has the government given an actual date when it will publish its findings?
    Not sure that they have to publish anything following the consultation (the other post), not aware of any dates/timescale after that closed in early February 2018. Likewise not aware of any dates for a response/possible debate in Parliament at the close of this petition (August 2018).

Thanks.

All a bit vague isn't it?
    Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    Thank you. I understand why you say better figures will be available in 2021.
    your welcome. Its just that when people quote how many there have been issued in scotland ,That will not be the true number as per my post . 20.000 have been issued which is correct but its not the final number .And i wonder if the 195 that were refused includes the people that appealed their decision and got their licenses .

Plus whoever it was that said there is 500.000 airguns in scotland and only 20.000 licenses makes it look like there is 480.000 people with unlicensed airguns in scotland( to the public or people that know little about airguns) when there may only really be 150.000* airgun OWNERS in scotland and they hold most of that amount of airguns in scotland and a fair number will be holding them on their current FAC and SGC until renewal.

I know of 100 or so that are holding their airguns on their FC and and SGC until their renewal and some have 5 or more airguns in their possession.

* Hypothetical number

Now 8,144. The map is of interest, showing the low voting in the major cities. No surprise as there will be fewer opportunities for outdoor events. However those areas are generally the decision making centres.