Thread: Rapid 7 pros and cons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    best group I have ever shot at 50 yrds was with a .177 early gamo trigger rapid.stop being snobs about triggers lol
    kevG

Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
    best group I have ever shot at 50 yrds was with a .177 early gamo trigger rapid.stop being snobs about triggers lol
    kevG
    My MK1 has a gamo trigger which I modified to single pull as I don't like double pull triggers by the addition of a 10p pipe olive and nothing else, everyone who has used it comments on how nice the trigger is to use.

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    yes they can be made nice.plus a trigger is a very individual thing to each person

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    My MK1 has a gamo trigger which I modified to single pull as I don't like double pull triggers by the addition of a 10p pipe olive and nothing else, everyone who has used it comments on how nice the trigger is to use.
    Thats interesting, how did you do it ?
    Rapid Mk2 anschutz trigger .20
    Rapid MFR .20
    FX Verminator MK2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by hw59 View Post
    Thats interesting, how did you do it ?
    Hi. HW59
    I have PM you the details as the the swearing is very poor to say the least in the video but you need to watch it!!

Hi. HW59
    I have PM you the details as the the swearing is very poor to say the least in the video but you need to watch it!!
    Would you PM the link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Would you PM the link please?
    Link sent by P.M.

Well lads I decided to get a mk1 and i got a lovely clean one, thing is I don't like the trigger any suggestions. Cheers.

I fitted a Charlie Tuna trigger to mine, improved it no end but still not perfect. That vague feeling has gone at least
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    kevG
    tbh mate, my Gamo triggered MK1 is completely unmodified and Ifind it just perfect; completely predictable... but just accept some are a bit crap
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

kevG
    No complaints about my Gamo trigger, i do have a theoben shoe that does improve it

kevG
    Its nothing to do with snobbery Kev....thats a fascile argument.
    Its about additional layers of accuracy.
    You dont buy good kit and then put something that is crap and recognised as such into the chain of command......well you do if its a gammo Rapid����.
    And whilst I loved my Rapid 17 which had a gorgeous Wilson maple tiger stripe FT stock and range finding scope on it...I recognise that the mk1 gammo trigger was a bucket of pooh. It always was. It always will be.And up to the mk4 most rapid triggers were indufferent at best.
    A trigger is a very important part of accurate shooting. It isnt essential but once you know the difference it aint rocket science. My Steyr trigger was sweet. My 100 was sweet but its lost its edge a little after an "expert pro" worked on it.
    My first rabbit was with that Rapid 17 rifle and at 50 yds to boot. Took me an hour plus and it dropped on the spot but its still a shite trigger.
    Why make anything thats accurate then deliberately put a weak link in the chain.
    You dont buy a decent rifle and scope then put cheap chinese mounts on and expect it will be "allright"....same with a barrel etc. I can shoot a rifle with a shit trigger. Its easy. You just know its shit and you know its an element that removes the ability to repeat and feel the shot.
    So there isnt any such thing as trigger snobbery or even scope snobbery. Its a balance between a minimum standard of engineering to do an important job for which cost can vary considerably.
    The Gammo and a lot of the Rapid triggers just didnt past muster. The rest of the gun...agricultural but honest and very capable to varying degrees like many others before it and subsequent to it.
    Last edited by Steyr; 24-09-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill