Thread: Stalker Jaguar .22 FAC-my new favourite?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lionel View Post
    I used to own a couple of LEs, one 177 and the other FAC .22. They balanced beautifully and were very accurate, but were among the most unreliable airguns I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot). I think Nick did the right thing by going for the Stalker based on the single shot Daystate action.
    That was the main thing; it shouldered well and the balance was spot on for me. I'm surprised to hear that though, weren't they Bowketted?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker24seven View Post
    That was the main thing; it shouldered well and the balance was spot on for me. I'm surprised to hear that though, weren't they Bowketted?
    Well, I believe Bowkett provides the internals of all the Tiger Tens. Hartley is not an engineer - he does the stocks and fettles a bit, but anything seriously mechanical gets packed off by him for Bowkett to deal with. In retrospect, I should not have taken the rifles back to Hartley when I had problems. He seems to have no concept of a warranty anyway, so it wasn't as if I was saving any money. I should have sent them to Bowkett.