Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hawke "Panorama- EV" 4-12x40

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
    Good review/write mate.

Ive been looking at one of these or the varmint SF.

Ive had the SW30 and the optics where very crisp, just wondering.. if i go for the AO version of the panorama what choice of rets does it come with? which one will suit .20 cal?
    chief
    i think with the ao version you only get the map 6 ret.

i tried the varmint sf and was un-impressed,took it back and got the panorama,unfortunately my first one was faulty! replacement is fantastic! the map 6 ret is very fine though.
    regards
    john

Read all the posts for this scope and went to Blackpool air gun shop today to check it out. Very helpful with advice. Really liked the optics and although the ret is quite thin when I used the illumination it showed up really well. Ended up getting one and now looking forward to getting it sighted at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by dude541 View Post
    i think with the ao version you only get the map 6 ret.

i tried the varmint sf and was un-impressed,took it back and got the panorama,unfortunately my first one was faulty! replacement is fantastic! the map 6 ret is very fine though.
    regards
    john
    I believe that you can now buy the panorama AO model with half mildot ret which should sell a few more to the HFT 'ers

I have the TAC 30 fixed 10x sidewinder which I really like and is very clear and bright with good colours too, but has BIG target turrets! Has anyone compared the fixed 10x sidewinder to the Panorama?
    BASC

This is a good scope, used one on my mates rifle. Reccommend.

i have had one of these for about 8 months , Mildot very good, only fault i have had with mine os the illumination has played up a bit, was going on and off on its own, but after a calen and a splash of WD it seems ok.

Dont forget that the MTC range of optics are also well worth considering when you go into the shop folks!
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Half mildots panorama for me, had mine for nearly a year not done much shooting mind but really like it. MTC are just too busy with the xmas tree ret for my eye

UPDATE :

Just put my 4-12x40 on my CRX and I still cannot believe how clear it it , I have a couple of bushnells and a Menace at the moment and it simply blows them away for clarity . Never really used anything other than mil dot scopes but the hawkes half mil dot ret seems very good .
    I wonder if all these scopes are this crisp or have I been lucky to get a VERY good one ?

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Insane scope!!!

I've used a few various scopes but this scope is amazingly clear and too much fun. I brought my air rifle with my Panorama EV scope on to my new local gun dealer the other day and even he was impressed. He told me he sells tonnes of the cheap Hawke scopes as that's what sells most but he'd never had the opportunity to try out one of these until the other day and he put this on par with his bushnell scope.

I can't recommend this scope enough!!!

I have just bought a Panarama 4-12x40 ao to replace my sidewinder and i am very impressed with it

The sidewinder had to come off due it being 933grams with mounts and sidewheel

I went with the half mildot version, same as my sidewinder

It is very clear with a good field of view and being under 500grams doesnt upset the balance

Overall a nice little scope..
    Last edited by wezdavo; 22-07-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wezdavo View Post
    I have just bought a Panarama 4-12x40 ao to replace my sidewinder and i am very impressed with it

The sidewinder had to come off due it being 933grams with mounts and sidewheel

I went with the half mildot version, same as my sidewinder

It is very clear with a good field of view and being under 500grams doesnt upset the balance

Overall a nice little scope..
    Do you think it's as good optically as your sidewinder??
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    Do you think it's as good optically as your sidewinder??
    Thanks
    No, but that could be down to the objective size difference.. The panarama is a very good scope for not alot of money..

Just as an update to my original thread. Having recently decided to go down the high mounts 40 yard zero route with my HW80, I decided that the Simmons WTC 3-10-50 that has lived on the gun happily for eight years needed to be put into retirement. I needed a scope with half mil dots to aid with shot placement and dropped into Blackpool for a chat with Lloyd and the lads.

It seems that the AO range now comes with the option of the half mil, something not available when originally released. Anyway, as I will be using the gun for both field work and HFT, the specification that suited me best was the 3-9-40 with adjustable objective. I was well chuffed when I realised that this scope now comes with the genuinely useful (in my opinion) half mil scale. Parting with my hard earned and heading off to my clubs outdoor range for a zeroing session, I would have to say that I am even more impressed with this little scope than I was with the original one (4-12-40) that I had. The additional aim-points are really useful and not just a gimmick, and the image remains remarkably clear for such a relatively cheap scope.

I can only confirm my original comments that this range of optics truly represents excellent value for money. I now look forward to seeing how it performs in the real world, although with the parallax set at 25 yards and the 40 yd zero, I am confident that it will do the gun it sits on top of justice. Its just a pity that it is me that has to let them down by pulling the trigger!

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by poison dwarf View Post
    I think most HFT'ers would be interested in dof for this scope. Cant wait for next installment.
    I've just recieved the night eye sf digi ir from hawke. it's on my .243 after a conversation on the phone with a tech guy at deben. i down loaded the brc ballistic calculator and set it to the .243 winchester after 6 rounds to zero at 100 yards in a 15 to 20mph wind from the left i shot agroup of 1 1/2 . then using the mildots and windage dots on the map6 ret i shot a mellon at 300 yds spot on very good scope very clear and the ir was brilliant 50mm objective and clear glass gave light when i din't expect to see anything . this praise doesn't come from someone who doesn't know good quality scopes as on my .22-250 i use a swarovsky both are good lowlight hunting fox deer scopes but the price for the nite eye is a lot less.

all the monty57.

I remain that impressed I am flogging my Bushnell 6500 to buy another couple. A genuine bargain buy that works pretty damned well in my opinion.

Andy