Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: RichardH Contact me please.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    I can understand your frustration, without having seen the issue you've got ie the photos. Communication is what makes things work and I do get annoyed myself when comms doesn't happen.

But, he's had a pretty serious operation and from the interactions I've had with him - met him once to leave off my barrels to be reblued and a couple of phone calls, he seems to be a really decent guy and I'm prepared to give him as much time as he needs as I've no doubt the job will be done. Perhaps easy for me as I'm in no rush and I do sympathise with those of you who are in a hurry or have had an issue.

Richard is no fly-by-night (IMHO) and he's had a really sh1t time recently so he gets as much leeway from me as he needs.

I hope you get your issues sorted as soon as possible.
    I really don't expect anything good to come my way from this. As a "newbie" at the time I was on a loser from the start going public with my loss against a "reputable established member and vouched for good guy" I posted now purely to show that it isn't a one off failure due to extreme circumstances. It's another example of the bloke failing to hold up his end of the deal. Other newbies need to see the fails with the praise and then make a decision who to trust.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    I can understand your frustration, without having seen the issue you've got ie the photos. Communication is what makes things work and I do get annoyed myself when comms doesn't happen.

But, he's had a pretty serious operation and from the interactions I've had with him - met him once to leave off my barrels to be reblued and a couple of phone calls, he seems to be a really decent guy and I'm prepared to give him as much time as he needs as I've no doubt the job will be done. Perhaps easy for me as I'm in no rush and I do sympathise with those of you who are in a hurry or have had an issue.

Richard is no fly-by-night (IMHO) and he's had a really sh1t time recently so he gets as much leeway from me as he needs.

I hope you get your issues sorted as soon as possible.
    My issue with Richard is different to yours in that he's ruined my gun and lost a part and he's not communicating with me to resolve it.

I understand he's had health problems and I've cut him some slack but there only so much you can do. In addition the health issues don't justify shoddy work, he should have just sent it back with my money I paid out to have it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmax View Post
    My issue with Richard is different to yours in that he's ruined my gun and lost a part and he's not communicating with me to resolve it.

I understand he's had health problems and I've cut him some slack but there only so much you can do. In addition the health issues don't justify shoddy work, he should have just sent it back with my money I paid out to have it done.
    Agreed. I wish you luck....

Now then gents, I'm not wanting to get involved in all this, but, I spoke to Richard by phone on the weekend of the 13/14th of April and he was still struggling health wise, had yet to return to work and told me he desperately wanted to sort all this lot out.

Richard's profile page shows that he hasn't logged into the BBS since the 14th of April so information posted to this thread probably isn't reaching him if he's had a relapse.

The best advice I can give is keep trying to contact Richard by phone or email, and if I hear anything I'll let you know ASAP.

All the best Mick

Thanks Mick, not wishing to put you in a difficult position but I have been emailing Richard and he's been ignoring them.

I think it's quite reasonable for me to post my findings considering I've paid to have a gun worked on and it's been ruined and the perpetrator doesn't seem to want to resolve the matter. In fact I've held the damining pictures back (files might be too large anyway) which Richard has a copy of sent by post on a DVD.

In fact I'll post the dates of every email I've sent him and the only single occasion I've had a reply.

I do wish he'd just resolve this matter with me.

Thanks Mick, not wishing to put you in a difficult position but I have been emailing Richard and he's been ignoring them.

I think it's quite reasonable for me to post my findings considering I've paid to have a gun worked on and it's been ruined and the perpetrator doesn't seem to want to resolve the matter. In fact I've held the damining pictures back (files might be too large anyway) which Richard has a copy of sent by post on a DVD.

In fact I'll post the dates of every email I've sent him and the only single occasion I've had a reply.

I do wish he'd just resolve this matter with me.

Not putting me in a difficult position at all, Andy, I'm just pointing out that there could be a legitimate reason for Richard not replying to your emails after the surgery he's undergone.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Not putting me in a difficult position at all, Andy, I'm just pointing out that there could be a legitimate reason for Richard not replying to your emails after the surgery he's undergone.

All the best Mick
    Hi Mick,
    Richards's ability to communicate has been non existent long before he had his surgery. I've also had messages from some of his other victims dating back up to four years.

Whilst I fully appreciate you're trying to give him support it isn't difficult to update people and kept them know what's happening.

In addition he can't have been that bad as he was able to ruin my gun bits.

I think it's only fair that individuals that have issues with work Richard has done and difficulty getting him to communicate with them are able to have a voice.

Hi Mick,
    Richards's ability to communicate has been non existent long before he had his surgery. I've also had messages from some of his other victims dating back up to four years.

Whilst I fully appreciate you're trying to give him support it isn't difficult to update people and kept them know what's happening.

In addition he can't have been that bad as he was able to ruin my gun bits.

I think it's only fair that individuals that have issues with work Richard has done and difficulty getting him to communicate with them are able to have a voice.
    Did Richard have someone working for him ? If so they could have been doing the work when Richard was ill . i'm not making excuses for him.

I know a mechanic here that was Ill and he had a guy doing the work for him and he made a pigs ear of it and he knew he was he was not telling the owner of complaints and the owner only found out later when he was fit to go back to work.

The guy that made the issues had worked there for years so the owner had no inkling it would go that way .the guy left without notice and the owner had to stump up to rectify the issues .

I find it strange that lots of people rate his work and some are having problems and if some one else was doing the work that may answer that.

I know that does not explain the communications blackout
    Last edited by bighit; 02-05-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Did Richard have someone working for him ? If so they could have been doing the work when Richard was ill . i'm not making excuses for him.

I know a mechanic here that was Ill and he had a guy doing the work for him and he made a pigs ear of it and he knew he was he was not telling the owner of complaints and the owner only found out later when he was fit to go back to work.

The guy that made the issues had worked there for years so the owner had no inkling it would go that way .the guy left without notice and the owner had to stump up to rectify the issues .

I find it strange that lots of people rate his work and some are having problems and if some one else was doing the work that may answer that.

I know that does not explain the communications blackout
    No one else was responsible for posting the scope I paid him for. The deal was between him and me, I did my part. Anyone heard anything? Is he laid low or lying low?

Quote Originally Posted by sirmissalot View Post
    No one else was responsible for posting the scope I paid him for. The deal was between him and me, I did my part. Anyone heard anything? Is he laid low or lying low?
    How long ago did you pay for this scope ? People can employ someone minutes hours, days, weeks, months, or even years after you bought the scope

"There may still be hope then....
    of getting the scope from him I paid for about 13/14 years ago which he was too busy to find "due to a house move" Then "illness"

He could have employed loads of people over that timescale .

How long ago did you pay for this scope ? People can employ someone minutes hours, days, weeks, months, or even years after you bought the scope

"There may still be hope then....
    of getting the scope from him I paid for about 13/14 years ago which he was too busy to find "due to a house move" Then "illness"

He could have employed loads of people over that timescale .
    Hmmmmm... Well it was about 13/14 years ago that I agreed to buy the scope and so it will have been about 13/14 years ago that I paid him for it.

"He could have employed loads of people over that timescale ." Does that dispel his responsibility to complete the deal properly ???
    When I was shift manager I was responsible for everything that happened on my shift, even when I was on holiday, working abroad, etc.

"He could have employed loads of people over that timescale ." Not sure what that has to do with it unless you're suggesting one of the Minions had access to his account on AGF and it was them who stiffed me and not Richard. Possible I suppose...

If he did employ " loads of people over that timescale" I wonder why? Low staff turnover was one of our measurable performance indicators.

I guess I'm smearing truth all over one of the "Good ol' boys"

I'll desist.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmissalot View Post
    Hmmmmm... Well it was about 13/14 years ago that I agreed to buy the scope and so it will have been about 13/14 years ago that I paid him for it.

"He could have employed loads of people over that timescale ." Does that dispel his responsibility to complete the deal properly ??? No . Did he employ others at that time ?
    When I was shift manager I was responsible for everything that happened on my shift, even when I was on holiday, working abroad, etc.

"He could have employed loads of people over that timescale ." Not sure what that has to do with it unless you're suggesting one of the Minions had access to his account on AGF and it was them who stiffed me and not Richard. Possible I suppose... Not at all.

If he did employ " loads of people over that timescale" I wonder why? Low staff turnover was one of our measurable performance indicators.
    People leave a job for numerous reasons , Ill health ,retirement, change of career, moving away from the area and they may even die . I take it none of those examples happened in your work place ?
    I guess I'm smearing truth all over one of the "Good ol' boys" Say whatever you want .[COLOR="#FF0000"] I have no ties or loyalty to him. The only connection we have is that we are both members on the same airgunforum [/COLOR]

I'll desist.
    I should have put more in that post to say what I meant . My mistake .

My point is that in the time that you bought the scope he could have had people working for him doing the refinishing work. and if so, when he was off due to his Ill health some one could have been doing the work and sending it without him checking it over . As he owns the business he was possibly the Quality Control inspector.

we won't know until he comes back on here and confirms either way.

Wink

I should have put more in that post to say what I meant . My mistake .

My point is that in the time that you bought the scope he could have had people working for him doing the refinishing work. and if so, when he was off due to his Ill health some one could have been doing the work and sending it without him checking it over . As he owns the business he was possibly the Quality Control inspector.

we won't know until he comes back on here and confirms either way.
    Words are indeed cold and easily misunderstood sometimes, so I'll expand also.

There was no mention of a business whatsoever, private deal, AGF. When I asked/asked/asked again/yada-yada the whereabouts of the scope after some weeks I got Mr stressy/irate "I'll do it when I find it, I've got bigger things to do" I put it down as a lesson as at the time £80 was peanuts.

Yes people left due to moving away, change in circumstances, etc-etc. No trends or bunching of causes.

No, no-one died while I was there, far too much paperwork! UIR's. New RA's. Training new staff so we didn't allow it.

Yes, I will say what I want, as long as it's justified, true, and is a potential benefit to someone, it's worth the time.

Please excuse the lack of Red, it can be considered rude.

I'm done, bored by this now. carpe diem caveat emptor and all that other good stuff, I'm off shooting!!!

Still nothing, has anybody else had a response from Richard H?

I was going to update on here this week but the thread was locked!
    I've received my parts that were missing a couple of weeks ago but I've been holiday so hadn't had the chance to check them over.
    As per previous post, I received the rear part of my pro sport action and trigger guard a few months ago but the main action, barrel/shroud were missing.
    Richard has replaced the missing parts and cerakoted them free of charge, I was concerned the colours wouldn't match the parts I already received but it does, perfectly and I have to say very happy with the quality of the work.

So it's been over a year now since I sent these off after expecting a three week turn around.

I know he had paint supply issues with my colour and I didn't mind waiting weeks or even months as it turned out before posting on this thread and with moving premises plus illness, but the lack of comms and timescale wasn't great.
    Having said that, it's done and done very well and only cost me the postage to send to him, he's worked on many before without issue and if he's getting back on he feet and clearing back log, not only on here but from other suppliers and customers then hopefully everyone will get sorted and he can get back to his usual turn around time.