Thread: HW45, and why I hate fibre-optics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Get a new red ausie seal from the bay; transforms the firing cycle by actually sealing
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Get a new red ausie seal from the bay; transforms the firing cycle by actually sealing
    Good idea, ST.

How hard are these things to take apart and put together?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Good idea, ST.

How hard are these things to take apart and put together?
    This may help. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/weih...cs-t18643.html

Also I believe Nick (Tinbum) done a stripdown guide on the 45 too

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Just remember to use a safety pin through the small hole in the "pusher" - the hole is designed for this purpose - to stop it springing out. Easy enough to work on.

What I also bought for mine that helps massively with consitent hold is a profiled 1911 grip - a wraparound hougue type slip on grip is also good
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    This may help. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/weih...cs-t18643.html

Also I believe Nick (Tinbum) done a stripdown guide on the 45 too
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Just remember to use a safety pin through the small hole in the "pusher" - the hole is designed for this purpose - to stop it springing out. Easy enough to work on.

What I also bought for mine that helps massively with consitent hold is a profiled 1911 grip - a wraparound hougue type slip on grip is also good
    Thanks, chaps.

I hate those soft rubber Hogue things. I experimented with them on my CF pistols back when and found they slowed the draw, gave inconsistent and sticky hand placement from a holster, and, while reducing felt recoil into the hand a tad, increased the "split" time back onto target. And the finger grooves never fit my hand. Finger grooves are basically a bad idea in every respect.

On the other hand, none of those considerations apply to plinking with an air pistol, and I can see how they may actually help the loose forgiving hold needed with a powerful springer. I may have to revise my view. Still don't like them, though.

Marmite

Deffo a Marmite gun. I always wanted one so I got a silver star and a 97 kt stainless together.
    Using some HN pellets I can hit a 40 mm spinner at 35/40 yards with regularity.It just needs plenty of practice.And it's still dieselling after 1000 pellets.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Had an older model with plain irons and a newer model with fibreoptics, got rid of the latter for the same reasons as the OP. They felt much less precise.
    Good deals with these members

Can you put a bit of black tape over the fibre optics on the rear sight to see if this makes the sight picture better for you?
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Can you put a bit of black tape over the fibre optics on the rear sight to see if this makes the sight picture better for you?
    Rich.
    I am going to do just that. Just a bit annoyed that it is or may be needed. Thanks.