Thread: Sub 12fpe long ranges

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i only hunt so between 20-30 yards. i dont know meters. thats where my gas and leccy come from.
    did get a rabbit at at nearly a quarter of a mile. me and my mate nearly had heart attacks when it fell over. but i did download chairgun and held over a lot.
    nothing to be proud of but i shot a rabbit twice, or three if it counts. me and my mate were out on our tea break (understand my mukker was a copper) i shot a bunny first shot heard a hit. nothing happened. second shot it went straight down. went and fetched it and found holes through both of its ears. as i say nearly a quarter of a mile.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by max headroom View Post
    i only hunt so between 20-30 yards. i dont know meters. thats where my gas and leccy come from.
    did get a rabbit at at nearly a quarter of a mile. me and my mate nearly had heart attacks when it fell over. but i did download chairgun and held over a lot.
    nothing to be proud of but i shot a rabbit twice, or three if it counts. me and my mate were out on our tea break (understand my mukker was a copper) i shot a bunny first shot heard a hit. nothing happened. second shot it went straight down. went and fetched it and found holes through both of its ears. as i say nearly a quarter of a mile.
    Quite an achievement that. Acording to Chairgun if I was firing a .22 Exact at 15.9gn at just under 12fpe and a normal zero of 30yds I would need to give it 3254in of holdover to hit the rabbit at 400yds ( Chairgun doesn't go above that on my app) and repeat that 3 times. I wouldn't try it though as Chairgun tells me that if I managed to hit the rabbit at all the pellet would only have 0.7ftlb of energy so it's more than likely your rabbit died of fright or old age waiting for the 5secs from firing to impact each time.
    Not to be recommended but amazing shooting and much better hearing than I have to hear the impact of a pellet at a quarter of a mile!
    Dagwood