Thread: Explosives Certificate - Reclassification of blackpowder substitutes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davederrick View Post
    I've been reliably informed that BP substitutes now have to go on your explosives certificate. Triple 7 and Pirodex are now being classed as UN0499 rather than UN0161. I know someone has been refused to be sold any until he had his ticket updated.
    Good afternoon All.

Has anybody heard anything more about this? I'm curious simply because this is at odds with a recent comment received from my local licensing department.... as far as I'm aware one may still purchase 777 over the counter in this part of the world with no Explosive Certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    Good afternoon All.

Has anybody heard anything more about this? I'm curious simply because this is at odds with a recent comment received from my local licensing department.... as far as I'm aware one may still purchase 777 over the counter in this part of the world with no Explosive Certificate.
    not where i live......ive got the new legislation on my ticket now as i wouldnt have been able to purchase 777.
    i think its a farce but hey ho

You certainly need to have an appropriately annotated Explosive Certificate to acquire 777 in Sussex although still not needed for Pyrodex.
    Interestingly, many local dealers are not bothering to stock 777 as the expected demand is even lower than it was before the amended legislation. So, even with an Explosive Certificate, 777 may be increasingly difficult to source in the future.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    You certainly need to have an appropriately annotated Explosive Certificate to acquire 777 in Sussex although still not needed for Pyrodex.
    Interestingly, many local dealers are not bothering to stock 777 as the expected demand is even lower than it was before the amended legislation. So, even with an Explosive Certificate, 777 may be increasingly difficult to source in the future.

Brian
    Good point, one of the main reasons 777 was so popular was you could buy it without having the certificate.