Thread: what silencer for fenman

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Mmmm, ok maybe stuff carpet inside your silencer then??? sorry..,

On a serious note I'm quite suprised its too noisy... What calibre is your rifle? Reason i ask is I've always wondered if these silencers come in different calibres and if they don't will a .177 be more noisy ? Or have you got a .22 silencer on n a .177?
    This may all sound a bit techy but I have experimented with an EVO silencer with and without vortex tip & a long series silencer with and without a vortex tip and I couldn't tell any difference from one to the next., I ended up with some of the internals from the long one in the EVO silencer body because it was a bit different & seemed to balance the gun better!.
    When chatting to somone about the long series silencer (the chap I bought it from) he said it was really almost as good as the long series with UK Paul internals that he had. And that was on a 30ftlbs TTR! (he was chopping 4 inches off the barrel & having an mfr style shroud silencer fitted so he could shoot from a landy) So I'm wondering why its not working for you and if a different silencer is going to do anything different??
    Just a few thoughts from my findings with rammers & silencers I hope it may be of use.
    If you do try anything else as I would be interested to find out what happens
    Atb
    Rhys
    when I say long series silencer I mean the old fin type fitted to the very early fenman's we may not be talking about the same one

Quote Originally Posted by wild dogman View Post
    when I say long series silencer I mean the old fin type fitted to the very early fenman's we may not be talking about the same one
    ahhhhhhh.., ok., yours being skinny & long as apposed to a longer version of the newer evo silencer??
    well why not try a long series then?? or even an evo vortex??

I may have a spare if you are interested?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    ahhhhhhh.., ok., yours being skinny & long as apposed to a longer version of the newer evo silencer??
    well why not try a long series then?? or even an evo vortex??

I may have a spare if you are interested?

yes that's right

Thanks for the offer bud
    but think ill give the logun a try

hello mate - dont know if you remember but i put a logun on mine , it was much better than the evo i took off.

pig to get off though

Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    hello mate - dont know if you remember but i put a logun on mine , it was much better than the evo i took off.

pig to get off though
    yeah think I can now wow that was same years ago

yes i will defiantly try a logun on it all being well

Evo with votex work quite well