Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
I think you are right, and to be honest I don’t even want to say the words ‘Hitler Youth’ in any of my videos.
I think ‘German military trainer’ will have to suffice. Luckily my ‘33 is the senior version so maybe no need to mention it.

Cheers,
Matt
I think we’re in similar places. But -and I ought to know, sorry - were they actually used for training either the regular army or the Waffen SS? If not, it’s not a “military trainer”. It’s a relic from a very perverted version of the Boy Scouts.

I will shut up soon, but I have never liked the small sub-set of militaria/gun collectors who seem to like Nazi stuff because it’s Nazi.

There are undoubtedly German things from 1933-45 that are of huge historical interest, both because of their use in the war, and because they broke new ground and hugely influenced post-war developments (anything from the MP43 through the MG42 to the V2 rocket, Me262, or the type XXI submarine).

But the idea that a thing (say a Luger, in countries where they may be owned) is more desirable/valuable if it has a swastika or a totenkopf or whatever on it is just, well, sorry, but, actually sick. That Luger may have been used to shoot kneeling Jews in the back of the head.