Thread: Gamo Centre and Target Pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have found much the same with my pistols over the years.

The Centre and the LP53 are the most repeatably accurate guns I have ever owned, single handed.

My Webleys have much bigger groups and my old HW45 (now deceased!) was better than the Webs but not as good as the Gamo.

So for me it's the LP53 first, then Gamo as backup.

Love to try a spring Feinwerkbau or an Original someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyctophiliac View Post
    I have found much the same with my pistols over the years.

The Centre and the LP53 are the most repeatably accurate guns I have ever owned, single handed.

My Webleys have much bigger groups and my old HW45 (now deceased!) was better than the Webs but not as good as the Gamo.

So for me it's the LP53 first, then Gamo as backup.

Love to try a spring Feinwerkbau or an Original someday.
    There really is a considerable leap from the springers to the guns you mention but only in so much of the ease of use and more forgiving nature....not potentials. We found virtually no difference in consistency of velocity between pretty much all the guns mentioned here, indeed we actually realised our Turkish Tempest as being the best in this regard with barely a 5fps extreme spread across 5 shots. The potential is there but only one club member can tame it to within half the group size of the Gamo. I was hopeless with the gun but the guy has owned all the Webley variants since the 70s to be fair.