Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Self Scoring?

One last thought?

Mr Fixit suggested self-scoring earlier in this thread, and I gave all the good reasons why an impartial scorer would be better.

However, I have had some emails suggesting that the honesty system of self scoring would be better as it would be much simpler and actually preferred.

Please let me know if you think this idea is a better way forward:

Scoring.

1/. All shooters should score their own shot targets and email the scores to us at the end of each month. Shot cards can also have the scores checked or even scored by another competitor if you have this option and prefer not to score your own.

2/. If you have a shot that is difficult to score or you are not sure of, please show it to another competitor or try and resolve it yourself. If you have any doubt - always score yourself down rather than up so you can gain a workable average you can repeat or try to improve upon in the future.

3/. A simple email such as the example below with your name and the competition month concerned with the scores displayed as shown here is all we need to record your score at the end of each month. Please also let us know what pistol and pellets you used to shoot your cards with.

Ian Bloggs. June 2013. 38 + 34 + 37 + 41 + 44 + 39 = 233. GAMO Centre. Hobby pellets.

4/.You should keep your cards safe for 2 months after they are shot as some may be requested for random checking. Any requested cards should be posted to us, and if they are not available they will be given a zero score.

This is about as simple as it gets and we will do the administration and display everyones score together during the second week after the end of each month.
    Last edited by zooma; 05-05-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.