I suppose this was started by just wondering what sort of accuracy could be squeezed out of the original design. Taking up tolerances, trying to ensure the barrel went back to the same position for each shot etc. I think Webley reckoned a Premier could group in an inch at 30ft. I can get within that with my LP53 & I wondered what factors prevent me doing that with the Premier. I realise the Webley design was never meant to be a 10m paper puncher but despite all its positives I wondered if I could shoot tighter groups with it. I like its compactness & wouldnt really want to increase its length. I had wondered about making a barrel shroud to mount both sights on as one possibility of a mod that might have a benefit. I dont want to try & convert a Premier into a match pistol ( not a practical idea) but just wondering if there are any mods that can be done to make a Webley shoot as accurately as possible. Trigger sems ok, but sights & barrel placement seem possible areas to look at.......quite like the grip angle but have added a big lump of lead into the lower frame section to change weight distribution.I think it improved the feel & might be a little less hold sensitive. Might just be my feeling though, bit subjective.
Never had a 'modern' Webley so cant say anything about the Tempest Typhoon or Hurricane but would be interested in any positives or negatives compared to the 'old' Webley. Heard people decry them because they are not steel, but is that really an issue...? Light alloys are used in many applications quite happily, so as long as the choice is fit for puropse id be happy.
So thats kind of where I am at the moment with thoughts on what might be feasible. Open tooo ideas, it might not get off the drawing board but id be interested to hear of any mods to get the potential accuracy up, (appart from pellet choice & practice),
Thanks