Quote Originally Posted by IanSea View Post
Thanks, this is just the kind of info I needed. When I did a google search someone was saying that only 20 or so MK2s were made which makes them a rare beast indeed. They also said that the design was then sold to Beeman, but not sure how true this is. I thought that the LR90 stock would be easier to find but that still doesn't make one easy to find especially in L/H. Still I'll worry about that when I have it resealed.
I am sure there were more mkII's than that, they made the mkII to appeal more to the US market with its improved shot count. Daystate also made some for Beeman but they were renamed the Beeman Mako, they were built in smaller numbers, from memory there were 20-30 on the data base. The Mirage has some unique points not shared with other models like the tapered breech and pellet shaped filler end cap.

I made a new stock for my 12ftlb version but its right handed I love the 1" tube Daystates and own pretty much each model they made with only the Firefly to find, this was primarily a US model with less than a handful remaining here. Having said that 2 years ago I missed out on one on the selling sites by a few hours and that was a lefty!!