Thread: Recoiless vs recoiling FWB experiment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "A by-product of this delayed recoil sequence is almost total silence on firing a result of the air-flow principle."

Sounds like dishonest cobblers to me! Or maybe they believed this twaddle (surely it was actually nonsense?).
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    "A by-product of this delayed recoil sequence is almost total silence on firing a result of the air-flow principle."

Sounds like dishonest cobblers to me! Or maybe they believed this twaddle (surely it was actually nonsense?).
    Definitely a load of flannel….

To be fair ‘Air rifle headquarters’ was an American catalogue written by Ian Law, I think he was trying to convince Americans of the advantage of airguns over firearms, in comparison they probably were a bit quieter. Nothing to do with the ‘delayed recoil’ though…He mentions the ‘virtual silence’ of airguns a lot actually, as well as the accuracy and also the revelation that they don’t produce any smoke!

Matt

You might find these scans, which tell the story when ARH went belly up in the early '80s (apparently their finances weren't helped by the generous terms they offered customers), interesting Matt:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ers/#post-5021
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    You might find these scans, which tell the story when ARH went belly up in the early '80s (apparently their finances weren't helped by the generous terms they offered customers), interesting Matt:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ers/#post-5021
    Thanks Danny,
    seems like ARH got the U.S airgun ball rolling, and Beeman ran with it? ... fair enough.
    Beemans 1982 'Safari' to all the German airgun Factories sounds like my dream Holiday.

Will try and have a wander round Zella Mehlis one day...

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    seems like ARH got the U.S airgun ball rolling, and Beeman ran with it?

Cheers,
    Matt
    That’s about right, though it was (your earlier post) Robert Law, not Ian Law, who was, IIRC, a British FT shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    That’s about right, though it was (your earlier post) Robert Law, not Ian Law, who was, IIRC, a British FT shooter.
    Of course…
    I have been leafing through old 80’s issues of Airgunner, so that’s probably where that came from.

Incidentally a gentleman spotted his name in that 1979 results list, so the booklet is winging it’s way to him by way of a memento.

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Of course…
    I have been leafing through old 80’s issues of Airgunner, so that’s probably where that came from.

Incidentally a gentleman spotted his name in that 1979 results list, so the booklet is winging it’s way to him by way of a memento.

Cheers,
    Matt
    That’s very nice to hear, Matt.