Thread: Weirauchs! I'm not on the bandwagon...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanFox View Post
    Take no notice, hes like this every day all day but a really nice man when you get to know him. OH, and he really does like a good wobbly webley, don't let him fool you.
    Mind he does have one or two, three, four or more HWs.
    I must try harder to be a t**t.
    29 HWs to be exact so you cant believe his word.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    * I still wince everytime I thumb a pellet in, wondering whether this is going to be the time when the cocking arm lug shears off and my thumb is crushed*

That's because Weihrauch slide breech rifles should not of been allowed into the country until an adequate fail safe mechanical lock was placed on the compression tube. They're dangerous make no mistake about it. I can scarcely believe they get away with it to be honest. Plus to rub the salt in; they cheekily provide some pointless safety engraving on the rear block. I wouldn't buy another Weihrauch because of that alone.
    Well I wouldn't buy a Mk1 A A TX200 because they came without any kind of anti bear trap. Its just good gun safety when all said and done. Bear trap or not I hold onto that under lever like my thumb depends on it.

While we are on the subject of HWs and to keep my bad reputation and this interesting thread going - the worse models, I.M.O. are the HW90 and HW57. The '90s is over weight and the trigger is not up to the Rekord standard.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I must try harder to be a t**t.
    29 HWs to be exact so you cant believe his word.

Well I wouldn't buy a Mk1 A A TX200 because they came without any kind of anti bear trap. Its just good gun safety when all said and done. Bear trap or not I hold onto that under lever like my thumb depends on it.

While we are on the subject of HWs and to keep my bad reputation and this interesting thread going - the worse models, I.M.O. are the HW90 and HW57. The '90s is over weight and the trigger is not up to the Rekord standard.

ATB
    Ian
    Before you get too carried away with the bear trap, unscrew the rocker and have a look at what exactly is holding the compression cylinder back, it's a tiny little lug, so if your worried about the safety, trigger and underlever all failing, then you should be worried about that failing too!

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    Before you get too carried away with the bear trap, unscrew the rocker and have a look at what exactly is holding the compression cylinder back, it's a tiny little lug, so if your worried about the safety, trigger and underlever all failing, then you should be worried about that failing too!
    '..unscrew the rocker....' If by this you mean the tang that goes into the cylinder, well, I never put my precious banjo playing digits into the orifice (or any other orifice ) until the rifle is FULLY cocked. The chances of the safety, sear, rod and tang failing all at the same time is about as rare as me winning a dancing or charm competition.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    '..unscrew the rocker....' If by this you mean the tang that goes into the cylinder, well, I never put my precious banjo playing digits into the orifice (or any other orifice ) until the rifle is FULLY cocked. The chances of the safety, sear, rod and tang failing all at the same time is about as rare as me winning a dancing or charm competition.

ATB
    Ian
    If you knock the pin out that holds the rocker on the bear trap you can remove the rocker and will find the whole thing is held on by 2 screws, on the rocker is a little lug that protrudes into the slots on the cylinder, that's what holds the cylinder back,

One of the reasons the bear trap is on an TX is when you cock the rifle but the safety does not pop out, all TX owners are probably familiar with this you have to pull the lever back again to engage the trigger fully, well you could imagine anyone unfamiliar with the rifle could well stick their fingers in the port with the trigger not fully engaged!

To be honest I get so irritated by TX bear traps I put an o-ring under the rocker to permanently disengage it, then rely on the safety , trigger and me holding the lever as per my HW's!