Thread: I.C.1 Martini Henry markings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Just a footnote to your interesting post. Rawalpindi was not in Pakistan, a place that did not exist until 1949, but in what was then called the Punjab district of NW British India. It is now one of the so-called 'twin-cities' of the capital of present-day Pakistan- Islamabad.

Do you intend too shoot this little carbine? If so, you are in for a real treat.
    Ah right, thank you for that information, Granted I am no history buff! And yes I am planning on shooting it one day, hopefully. Though I will get it checked over by a professional gunsmith before I do so since there is pitting on the outside of the barrel (Mostly small patches but there is one somewhat large pit hole).

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    Ah right, thank you for that information, Granted I am no history buff! And yes I am planning on shooting it one day, hopefully. Though I will get it checked over by a professional gunsmith before I do so since there is pitting on the outside of the barrel (Mostly small patches but there is one somewhat large pit hole).
    i shoot martini henrys so can give you advice if needed