Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th/8th September 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Sleepy-o-meter says

BOING!

48 sleeps to go, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Lovely bit of electronic transfer wizardry and boungerage up above, chaps.

Great to have you on board again for this one, Mr Vernal; you were missed last time.
    And I am hoping for some advice from you and the rest of the springerati on what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Ah well, Gwyn, it all gets a bit complicated.

The Matiz on the Nissan D21 chassis was for use as a workhorse at Quigley Hollow but became surplus to requirements when I won my legal battle to get my little grey Fergy back as that does the job intended for the Matiz.
    I also became increadably busy making those boat legs, so my toys had to take a back seat, and with my illness I became unable to carry on with the Matiz anyway.
    I still have the Matiz and it will get finished when I'm fit and able but something else has taken precedence after seeing this. :-

http://www.bishopsheritage.co.uk/ran...ssic-for-sale/

As you probably know, my Range Rover being the 315th one made is thought to be the oldest one in the world that's still used as a daily driver.

Attachment 292414

I just happen to own an older Range Rover (it's on SORN at present) that was made in the first week of production, this is what I'm gathering parts for right now (£££££££££££££££££££££).

I now have a big pile of 49 year old engines, gearboxes and axles outside my workshop and have just moved the chassis inside to strip it ready for welding.

All the best Mick
    Thanks Mick, enjoyed following the link etc. Good luck with the project, really hope it's theraputic too!

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    And I am hoping for some advice from you and the rest of the springerati on what comes next.
    As always, ever happy to help and the collective Boingerati knowledge pool is sure to be of value.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Thanks Mick, enjoyed following the link etc. Good luck with the project, really hope it's theraputic too!

ATB
    Gwyn
    That's the idea, Gwyn --- building a car from scratch should be good therapy for me.

My connection to Range Rovers is quite accidental and stretches back to late 1968 when I used to sit watching Velars (pre production Range Rovers) being tested on MIRA's rough track --- an unbelievable sight.
    I'm also one of the three surviving witnesses to the first ever Range Rover road traffic accident when a Velar crashed outside MIRA's gate on the A5.
    I only bought my Yellow Peril as I wanted a tax exempt vehicle capable of towing 3.5 ton, I had originally been looking for a Land Rover 101 forward control.

By a strange coincidence I went to a wedding party last night of a friend's Land Rover themed wedding.

Sounds like Boingers, Fergies and Landy Rovers have been pretty much in the blood from a very young age then, Mick.

47 sleeps to go, peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I pick up the keys to the new house this coming Friday Tone
    Just four sleeps, Pauly.

Sounds like Boingers, Fergies and Landy Rovers have been pretty much in the blood from a very young age then, Mick.
    Yep young Mick was a mere thirty back in 1968 😁

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Just four sleeps, Pauly.
    Getting close Tone...... scary
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Yep young Mick was a mere thirty back in 1968 ��
    By a Happy (?) co-inky-dinky so was I Jamie!

ATB
    Gwyn
    Last edited by slinger69; 22-07-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    That's the idea, Gwyn --- building a car from scratch should be good therapy for me.

My connection to Range Rovers is quite accidental and stretches back to late 1968 when I used to sit watching Velars (pre production Range Rovers) being tested on MIRA's rough track --- an unbelievable sight.
    I'm also one of the three surviving witnesses to the first ever Range Rover road traffic accident when a Velar crashed outside MIRA's gate on the A5.
    I only bought my Yellow Peril as I wanted a tax exempt vehicle capable of towing 3.5 ton, I had originally been looking for a Land Rover 101 forward control.

By a strange coincidence I went to a wedding party last night of a friend's Land Rover themed wedding.
    Often admired the immaculate navy blue Landy parked near your yard Mick.

ATB
    Gwyn

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Yep young Mick was a mere thirty back in 1968 😁
    Less of your frippery, Young Boingy Glasshopper!

I'm expecting Airgun World to drop through the letter box at the weekend and with it, hopefully, a little Boinger Basheroony article, complete with photo art by Dave, Melv and your good self.

Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Getting close Tone...... scary
    Aha, at long last, master of your very own country estate complete with furry critters.

It's going to be cool, Pauly.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    By a Happy (?) co-inky-dinky so was I Jamie!

ATB
    Gwyn
    I don't believe that of the evergreen young Gwyn for one second.