Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weirauchs! I'm not on the bandwagon...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It depends if it's viewed as a working tool or a trinket? I use a HW100KT and 2 x Rapids purely for the simple reason of being the best for the job.... hunting tools.

Believe me the rabbits don't give a toss what they're being shot with

People love to knock things which are good !!

What the he'll you talking about ? my 1989 HW77k looks GORGEOUS and is accurate as hell

For me it's function over aesthetics. I've never had a p1ss poor accurate HW. Mind you I've had HW's that leaked at the breech (35) started to eat themselves (gaulling on the 30 and 99). I still enjoy shooting HW's because once the mechanical niggly stuff is sorted, your left with generally an accurate rifle with a blinking good trigger, which for me defines a good air rifle. Mind you, I've got Walther's (Terrus and LGV) which more than meet my requirements and in aongst my rifles nestle FWB's and smk's (!!!)

Yeah, Orrible German Square things from the same place as that nasty Angular Murkin politico umman.

Don't know why anybody bothers with them.

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Im not trying to go against the grain, I just don't think they look that nice, maybe not all of them as I haven't seen the whole range but definitely the current models. I mean, what's the deal with that awful high pressure safety badge on the cylinder? No one else does that?

I am not one for buying "ornaments". I buy something to use it but I want it to look good at the same time.

Obviously if I was a pest controller I would buy the best tool for the job regardless of what it looks like but as this is a hobby and spend more time looking at my gun than shooting it, it may as well be pleasing on the eye.
    BASC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missed_dinner View Post
    Im not trying to go against the grain, I just don't think they look that nice, maybe not all of them as I haven't seen the whole range but definitely the current models.
    Important contribution, thank you!

I think it stems from the days when they really were the '' back in the 70's/80's which in all honesty 'they were' compared to some of the decidedly average rifles (power wise at least) that we were churning out at the time but things have moved on 'Weihrauch' on the other hand seem to have remained a little stagnant to a point, some might even say they've gone backwards so far as their spring rifles are concerned...

Put one in a CS 700 stock and you have one of the best looking and functioning rifles available

Quote Originally Posted by Berry View Post
    Put one in a CS 700 stock and you have one of the best looking and functioning rifles available
    The same could be said for a TX/Prosport or a Webley Xocet/Longbow though...

''Is it purely just the build quality and accuracy that makes people choose an HW?''
    Most probably. Lets face it, it can't be for its looks.
    I chose the BSA R10 over the Hw100 because its such a beautiful rifle. BIG mistake. It was a pile of crap. Should have bought the Hw.
    There's a lot to be said for them Hw100's. They might not be the prettiest gun out there but...

!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris.e View Post
    ''Is it purely just the build quality and accuracy that makes people choose an HW?''
    I chose the BSA R10 over the Hw100 because its such a beautiful rifle. BIG mistake. It was a pile of crap. Should have bought the Hw.
    There's a lot to be said for them Hw100's. They might not be the prettiest gun out there but...
    I get where your coming from on the beezer, just a pile

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    There's nothing else in production that really comes close to the choice and quality of the HW break barrels. I know the 30/99 is glawed in the cocking arm, but thats it! Everything else has a list of issues.

Theoben rammers were better build quality albeit over twice the price, but I'm struggling to think of anything else to compare?
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Trouble is a lot of Weihrauchs are coming out of the factory that are not good. We have had 2 95s which had the springs finished by the Weihrauch chimp with an angle grinder (you could have used them as corkscrews). Then there was my HW100 with stock finished by James Howlett, the repeated problems of over and under powered guns, you really do wonder what makes you pay so much for an HW!

But when they are good they are very very good!

When the spring problems with the 95s were sorted they were brilliant. I will admit it, they were brilliant! When my 100 has a stock that was worthy of the mechanism it was a superb gun!

The problem is that Quality Control seems to go on holiday far too often!

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.e View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1952paul0 View Post
    I get where your coming from on the beezer, just a pile
    The crying shame is that the Super10 was a superb gun, everything the R10 should have been. I have a BBR Super10 in .177, it is a brilliant gun, quiet, great shot count, accurate. The R10 was killed by penny pinching on everything. Saving pennies cost them many thousands of pounds and their reputation!