Thread: BSA Superstar, is it underrated or not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am still looking for a .177 version ... one day one will turn up.
    Good luck with restoration. They are fairly easy to work on but take care of the trigger as it is a bit fiddly to put together.
    Spring is easy to replace and it is possible to get the piston and rotating breech out without dismantling the trigger but there seems to be a knack to it. There are a few posts around on how to do it .....
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I am still looking for a .177 version ... one day one will turn up.
    I waited thirteen years for mine
    But the Superstars are rare over here, so the wait will probably be shorter for you!
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    I waited thirteen years for mine
    But the Superstars are rare over here, so the wait will probably be shorter for you!
    My daughter found herself a very nice one that needed modest tlc to sort it. That done, I sort of warmed to it as I had not shot one before and I am surprised they were not more popular... that has developed into a desire to find one ....

Cheers, Phil

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Bought a 177 super star from the Streatham Armoury back in the day brand new. Great rifle that started my ongoing love affair with air guns. I sold it after a couple of years to buy a mk1 TX200. Which I sold of course...

I've learnt now- buy but never sell -
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Bought a 177 super star from the Streatham Armoury back in the day brand new. Great rifle that started my ongoing love affair with air guns. I sold it after a couple of years to buy a mk1 TX200. Which I sold of course...

I've learnt now- buy but never sell -
    We've all done it and wish we never had.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Thanks for the advice. As i said its low on power, but apart from a mark on the stock its in great condition, he's going to keep it

The bsa superstar is the best rifle they have ever made, and in my experience it's consistency and accuracy are up their with the HW77 and TX200, I own 3 a Mk1 .22 a MK11 .177 and a MK11 carbine in .25 all are good especially in .22, the .177 ive never really got on with they just don't seem as nice to shoot in the smaller cal and the big .25 shoots fantastic thats if you can get the pellet in the breech but overall superstars are great guns and I wouldnt part with any of mine Inc the .177

Dave.
    Last edited by DM80; 09-05-2021 at 12:51 PM.