Thread: New to reloading - most economical calibre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    That's a good idea - very few clubs, including mine - do such a thing.

tac
    ours do .one new member blew both his lbr and his .44 / 45 underlever up a few weeks apart.
    reloading is easy if you know what you are doing so its best learning from experienced reloaders and not jump in at the deep end

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    ours do .one new member blew both his lbr and his .44 / 45 underlever up a few weeks apart.
    reloading is easy if you know what you are doing so its best learning from experienced reloaders and not jump in at the deep end
    Hopefully he has now taken up fishing, or something less likely to deprive him of fingers.

tac

Hopefully he has now taken up fishing, or something less likely to deprive him of fingers.

tac
    unfortunately no.....not sure if he still reloads .
    he didnt stick to tried and tested powders like unique etc.
    i think he used a position sensitive powder and got flash over but cannot be certain.
    nice chap but i rarely see him and i dont shoot next to him either lol

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    unfortunately no.....not sure if he still reloads .
    he didnt stick to tried and tested powders like unique etc.
    i think he used a position sensitive powder and got flash over but cannot be certain.
    nice chap but i rarely see him and i dont shoot next to him either lol
    Wouldn't take much more than a double charge of Unique of do serious damage to SOME LBRs. Loading 12gr instead of 6gr in LBR would be exciting, but not fatal, but loading 24gr instead of 12gr of the same stuff would be fatal........

tac

Wouldn't take much more than a double charge of Unique of do serious damage to SOME LBRs. Loading 12gr instead of 6gr in LBR would be exciting, but not fatal, but loading 24gr instead of 12gr of the same stuff would be fatal........

tac
    I think that's the easiest mistake to make with pistol cartridges and newbie reloaders who jump in with both feet and buy a progressive press. There's usually plenty of room for a double charge of something like Bullseye in a .357 case but you can't make the same mistake with a .223 and something like Varget.