Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6th & 7th April 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event & Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lunchtime Boing folks, and up we go

Mike, I've got the black 'tactical' stock on my HW30 and it seems to suit most folk, although no youngsters have shot it at the club.

I guess it would be very useful with an adjustable butt pad, and it's a handy and easy to use rifle anyway

I'm well pleased with mine and it's had plenty of pellets through at the club, doing some plinking and pellet testing.

The only issue I had was that the barrel locking mechanism was a bit 'dry', and the action became stiff to open, - a couple of drops of SM50 on the detent cured that

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Lunchtime Boing folks, and up we go

Mike, I've got the black 'tactical' stock on my HW30 and it seems to suit most folk, although no youngsters have shot it at the club.

I guess it would be very useful with an adjustable butt pad, and it's a handy and easy to use rifle anyway

I'm well pleased with mine and it's had plenty of pellets through at the club, doing some plinking and pellet testing.

The only issue I had was that the barrel locking mechanism was a bit 'dry', and the action became stiff to open, - a couple of drops of SM50 on the detent cured that

BOING
    "Stiff cocks", certainly a mixed blessing, depending on the circumstance.

Rhys once said that I had "two soft cocks".

He was referring to The Predator and my de-tuned, virtually recoilless 30S in .22.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    "Stiff cocks", certainly a mixed blessing, depending on the circumstance.

Rhys once said that I had "two soft cocks".

He was referring to The Predator and my de-tuned, virtually recoilless 30S in .22.
    In this cold and frosty weather there's lots of stiffness going on - especially in the morning

MMMMmmmmmm, I guess I ought to get a HW30 .22 for a matching pair

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Rachel went and picked it up for me this morning and I have to say its lovely. I actually cant believe how nicely these 30's shoot out of the box. Jack had a little go and hit a coke tin at 15 yards on his second shot so was well made up. It is on the large side for him so I feel mods are ahead. I have a definite plan of how I'm going to modify another stock to make it fully adjustable for him. I'm just about to pm Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Rachel went and picked it up for me this morning and I have to say its lovely. I actually cant believe how nicely these 30's shoot out of the box. Jack had a little go and hit a coke tin at 15 yards on his second shot so was well made up. It is on the large side for him so I feel mods are ahead. I have a definite plan of how I'm going to modify another stock to make it fully adjustable for him. I'm just about to pm Mark
    Two pellets and he's a better shot than you Mike --- give him a slap.

I certainly will mate
    I was only joking.
    Last edited by T 20; 06-02-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Two pellets and he's a better shot than you Mike --- give him a slap.

I was only joking.

It is on the large side for him so I feel mods are ahead. I have a definite plan of how I'm going to modify another stock to make it fully adjustable for him. I'm just about to pm Mark
    Just a thought Mike, when Jack outgrown the 30, you could hand it down to NewPaul.

Just a thought Mike, when Jack outgrown the 30, you could hand it down to NewPaul.
    Do you mean after he has shrunken it, Mick?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Lightbulb It must be said......

That our Mick's new avatar is particularly dapper.

Talking

A bloody good plan I reckon Mick

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    A bloody good plan I reckon Mick
    You can both go and F right off !
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Aha! And yet another grown up discovers the utter charm of this lovely little gem of a rifle and, like we've said on here many a time, that awesome shot cycle so reminiscent of a highly tuned gun.

Nice one, Mike, and I hope the modifications for young Jack go well.

Has young Jack had another play with it, Mike?

And, Little Pauly......so many of your Boingerati friends now have a 30S (or four!) and love them to bits. About time you too treated yourself to one of these little gems?

A couple more boingery fettling jobs to go....

But maybe better left put aside for the time being?

I have that lovely little old school HW50 that, er, Oldskoolz got for me the other year. Lovely condition but twangs like a twangy thing. And could do with sourcing a Rekord for it, too.

Plus there's the lovely '35 that I bought from our good friend Nick, 18Wheeler (where have you got to, Nick?) that needs some attention to the cocking lever rubbing against the cylinder.

Simply haven't had the time and it's tricky to balance trigger time vs fettling time when time is at such a premium.

Maybe concentrate on a little more actual shooting time for now, methinks?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Has young Jack had another play with it, Mike?

And, Little Pauly......so many of your Boingerati friends now have a 30S (or four!) and love them to bits. About time you too treated yourself to one of these little gems?
    He hasn't yet Tone as it is on the big side for him. Mark is very kindly giving me his HW30 stock to modify for Jack. I've come to the conclusion that i'll remove around 50mm from the butt and reshape the cheek piece accordingly. I'm then planning on inserting a metal sleeve into the end and making a butt plate on a "post" which will slide into the sleeve and be locked into place by two discreet grub screws located through the side of the stock which allows for adjustment as he grows.