Thread: Nikon Pro Staff 2-7 x 32 NEW 08 percent Light Transmission Spec

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Those Simmons scopes are fine in bright light, but in a different class to the 2-7x32 Nikon/Bushy Elite Legend when the light drops or in woodland under cover etc -
    Can you clarify this please.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Can you clarify this please.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    In dense woods, I couldn't see bugger all shooting up into trees in shade/end of day/early light with the SimmonsWTC 1.5-5X20s personally, you can see what's what with the Nikon or Bushnells, but that is not unexpected as it's not fair to compare a 20mm objective with a 32mm one, especially when the 32mm scopes are fully multi coated , with superior coating too -

From my own experience on these anyway -

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    In dense woods, I couldn't see bugger all shooting up into trees in shade/end of day/early light with the SimmonsWTC 1.5-5X20s personally, you can see what's what with the Nikon or Bushnells, but that is not unexpected as it's not fair to compare a 20mm objective with a 32mm one, especially when the 32mm scopes are fully multi coated , with superior coating too -

From my own experience on these anyway -
    Thank's mate, I have never owned a WTC but those Bushnells are sweet I must agree.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Everyones eyes are different, the small WTC is fine to my eyes. What would be good is a Bushnell, Nikon or Vortex 2-7x32 with a mil dot ret.
    Hw77+7

Surely the scope manufacturers will cotton on to this soon. I couldn't agree more.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Not that anyone needs milldots to hunt with an airgun at the short ranges involved, but I'm sure it would make some extra dough for the manufacturers , so they will even if it's just for Mad Milldot itus .......

Couldn't agree more - I've always been amazed that Simmons hasn't turned out a mil-dot WTC!